Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > Other File Formats

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2002, 05:50 PM   #1

Default bsplayer slower than mplayer2??

Hello all,

I've been trying to figure out this weirdness for a while now and am getting nowhere. I'd like to be able to use bsplayer on my laptop for watching divx files but it's choppy as heck. When I open the file with media player 6.4 they play quite well, yet bsplayer drops frames like mad and the video lags way behind the audio.

Here's what I'm using:
PII 300 toshiba laptop
FFDshow filters

The problem seems to be pretty filter independant. I've tried using divx 5.0.2, 4.1, 3.11, xvid, and all give me a clunky playback with bsplayer, supposedly one of the quicker ones.

This is with all the settings turned down in the various filters as well. BSplayer is playing files just as bad as winamp and wmp8. The Playa 2 build 5 plays files just fine but I'm not too fond of that player. I really want to use bsplayer.

Any ideas on what's causing this? I suspect there's some sort of codec conflict going on somewhere but I don't know what's doing it. Thanks for any help,

Jason

P.S. bsplayer is playing the files with the video flipped while mplayer2 plays them normally.
mephiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2002, 02:03 AM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Newer versions of BSPLAYER's have issues with the FFDSHOW filter.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2002, 11:11 PM   #3

Well, I uninstalled FDDshow and used the nimo pack to install divx 4 and 5 filters, both versions did the exact same thing, slideshow when played with bsplayer, perfectly fine with media player 6.5. I just can't seem to figure out what's causing this

thanks for the reply though, unfortunately, no-go.
Old 28 Dec 2002, 02:53 AM   #4
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

I believe in its default configuration the NIMO codec pack INSTALLS FFDSHOW as well.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2002, 06:15 AM   #5

Reinstalled Nimo pack specifically excluding ffdshow and still getting crappy performance =(
Old 30 Dec 2002, 08:35 AM   #6

I think I can help you because I already have the same problem. your prob is only a config prob, simply go to options of the player. in the video settings change the overlay metod to mode 1, the mode 2 is a problematc one. its all. here bsplayer work very fine.
_id_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2002, 05:30 PM   #7

unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. My laptop's video chip doesn't seem to have an overlay mode so overlay is disabled. I also have to put force RGB or bsplayer complains that it's not capable of color-space conversions .

the video chip is a Neomagic Magicgraph256AV.
Old 1 Jan 2003, 05:28 AM   #8

in this case maibe I can offer you anoter way, here this aparently do nothing diferent but maibe it can help you. there is an option in the same screen called "use old rendering mode". if you active or deactive it the player can work. (try to move the prostpose option of the codec Divx 3 or divx 4 topic in this menu to minimum if this option don't work)
Old 1 Jan 2003, 05:35 AM   #9

in this case maibe I can offer you anoter way, here this aparently do nothing diferent but maibe it can help you. there is an option in the same screen called "use old rendering mode". if you active or deactive it the player can work. (try to move the prostpose option of the codec Divx 3 or divx 4 topic in this menu to minimum if this option don't work). Anyway, sorry about my english, I am from Brazil and I'm not speak english very well.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 06:57 AM   #10

Your english is fine Id, thanks for the help. At this point I think I've tried about everything, even what you suggested and nothing's working. Time to go looking for a different player =/. Thanks again!
Old 3 Jan 2003, 03:28 PM   #11

maybe if you turn off the force rgb probably work. but if it doen's work then I sugest 2 great player that can do the same thing of BS player (or almost hehe) their are Rad Light and micro DVD player. both open divx movies and both have subtitle options (to open .srt .sub etc...)