Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Video File Formats > Other File Formats

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2010, 05:41 AM   #1

Default Can't open SanDisk recorded AVI.

Very odd, I used a MiniDV MD80 MiniCam with an 8gb SanDisk. It records AVI in segments of thirty minutes which gave me 2 AVIs in my recording. Tried many devices to open, all failed. AVI #1 displayed "broken file". AVI #2 displayed "unsupported video file". Fixed AVI #1 with Digital Video Repair. I can't find any way to open, fix, or repair AVI #2 .. 30 minutes. I still have the full video on the SanDisk and have copied each AVI to my hard drive too. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks, Junah
Old 21 Jul 2010, 06:53 AM   #2
Eclectician

I would look for a forum by the hw manufacturer. You may be able to find out how the file is split or how the file saving works. Chances are if someone has a similar problem they would post a solution there. The only thing I can suggest is try pulling the first file into AviDemux, make sure in Options Automation Tab all settings are checked before you start.

Then use File=>Append to try to append the 2nd file. Or you can try something like HjSplit to join them.

But if the hw manufacturer's page has a forum odds are good somebody else has run into that problem.