Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > Other File Formats

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 4 Dec 2001, 09:15 PM   #1

Default Help On Sound Problems

This is very strange. I know there were people posting problems about their sound during playback, but the solutions given cannot seem to solve my problem. here's the problem :

I can play most DIVX clips without any problem (am running winXP). But there are these clips in which there's only video and no audio. But, when I use WMP 6.4, I can get both the audio and the video. But when I use WMP 8, I cannot hear anything. It says that the audio codec is unknown. Any ways to solve this?

Thanks in advance
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2001, 12:37 AM   #2
Snoogins

Make sure you have the latest version of the codec, or try to re-install it. XP seems to be funny about things like that.
Old 23 Dec 2001, 07:47 PM   #3
Retired

Those clips were probably encoded with "DivX Audio" (an option in the original DivX v.3.11), which is documented as playing properly under Win media Player 6.4 BUT NOT LATER.

It's a simple enough thing to leave v.6.4 installed on your system for just such situations ;>}
setarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2002, 04:44 AM   #4

I have the exact same problem with some .avi clips of TV shows I've downloaded. STV & ROSWELL. Everything played fine in Win98SE / WMP 7.1 but now I get no sound in XP WMP8. I have the latest divx412 and Radium codec installed. I believe the problem is that the Radium Codec is not installing correctly in WinXP so WMP/ The Playa/ PowerDVD, RealOne, and QuickTime Pro can't see the Radium codec as an MP3 codec to playback files.
ne1scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2002, 05:38 AM   #5

Default Problems Solved

I installed the Divx 3.11 Alpha codec and now my audio & video plays back fine.

After Rebooting I re-installed the 412bundle with no problems. Everything now works great in WMP8 with WindowsXP-Pro. You do have to answer yes to "Do you want to use the Divx4.0 codec to play back Divx 3.0 files" otherwise you get a grey blank screen with sound only.

I read on another thread that the Divx4xx codecs/bundles no longer install the audio codec like the Divx311Alpha version did.

Please e-mail me if you know the specifics or how I can upgrade my audio codec to the latest "Divx version" of Radium's codec. I installed everything from Radiums's site with no luck so it will have to be a specific Divx version.

I am happy....everything works great !!!! Finally !!!

Last edited by ne1scott; 7 Jan 2002 at 06:11 PM
ne1scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2002, 10:15 AM   #6
Retired

As far as I know, the version included with the DivX 3.11 codec installation program continues to be the latest Radium MP3 codec.
setarip is offline   Reply With Quote