Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > Other File Formats

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2002, 06:52 AM   #1
Melocco

Default Jumping sound and video

All of a sudden my audio and video wants to start jumping or skipping some... It is like every two minutes it does it.. I have tryed a different player and the video doesn't even play.. I'm useing WMP and have XP Pro installed on my computer.. If anyone knows what is happening, please let me know.. I havn't installed anything since it has started.. so I know it's noting I have installed.. I have closed everything out that is running in the back ground and it still does it.. I don't know a way to reinstall WMP in XP, and Theplaya and Real and Quick time don't even play the movies anymore.. If anyone knows I would be very greatful.. E-mail me if you can help or reply.. Thanks.. Mel... http://divxmovies.melocco.com
Old 2 Dec 2002, 07:34 AM   #2
Digital Keyboard Samurai

I'm not sure if I understand...Is this happening to just one video file or multiple ones?
Old 2 Dec 2002, 07:53 AM   #3
Melocco

It was on all the movies and even on the audio MP3's Music Match even did it... I don't know what it was but I have taken care of it.. LOL I formated it and reinstalled 2000 advanced server and it is working fine now... But if it happens again, you have any suggestions for me to try? This is what I did and none worked.

Uninstalled DivX and reinstalled it

Installed Nimo pack 7 and 8

Reinstalled WMP

Paid for DivX 5.02

Reinstalled the full paid version.

Tryed watching them in other players

cut everything in the back ground off and tryed

Defraged and scan disked the Hard drives

and a few more things... Anyway, just thought I never could get it so I said %^*K it.. Just format and start from scratch... Besides, I was wanting to upgrade to this anyway.. Since I paid for Advanced server about 6 months ago... If any one knows something else to try, please let me know.... Thanks.... I hope I never have to try to find out agian... But there might be some one out there that needs to know, like I did......... Thanks.. Mel.....