Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Video File Formats > Other File Formats

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2 Feb 2011, 02:34 PM   #1

Question Playback of DVD VOB files from folder on PC

I have ripped DVD files (BUP, IFO, VOB) on a removable drive. I have Nero Showtime installed on two different computers. On one computer if I click on the IFO file the movie will play as if it were a DVD, giving me menus and all. On the other computer when I click on the file I get the error message: "the folder you have selected does not contain a valid DVD-video, SVCD, or VCD structure". Because the DVD structure files play fine on the first PC, I know it's a problem with the second PC and not my files.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue. I've reinstalled the software, tried different playback methods in Showtime, Tried Windows Media Player and Divix player. All are a no go. I can get it to play with VLC player on that 2nd PC. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I'm getting this error message?