Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > Other File Formats

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 2012, 11:45 PM   #1

Default Using DVD player as an MP3 player

Hi,

I have a LG LDA-530 DVD player and wanted to play my MP3 CD-R disc. It takes about 2 minutes to read the CD-R contents and a listing of the 60+ MP3 formatted songs are shown on the TV screen connected to the DVD player. I want to play all songs on my CD-R randomly but it only allows me to play one track at a time and I need to move from folder to folder manually to play different songs.

This doesn't sound right. The songs were burned onto the CD-R using Windows Media Player and I was able to playback all the songs randomly from my CD-R disc on my laptop.

What am I doing wrong? I have read the LDA-530 user manual and it was no help other than suggesting the use of the Program feature which would limit me to 30 songs per program.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Philip
g0lfhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Eclectician

Does is have a Shuffle Button on the remote? Some functions in some players aren't enabled when the Menu function is enabled. On my Phillips player they call the menu function PBC Mode.

On other boards I've seen it suggested to burn a DVD with no folders. That way the random isn't limited to one folder.
MilesAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2012, 12:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Does is have a Shuffle Button on the remote? Some functions in some players aren't enabled when the Menu function is enabled. On my Phillips player they call the menu function PBC Mode.

On other boards I've seen it suggested to burn a DVD with no folders. That way the random isn't limited to one folder.
Yes there is Shuffle button on the remote. I did try out the Program feature on the DVD player which requires me to copy one track at a time to the Program panel upto a maximum of 30 songs from which I can shuffle. Not a good solution but this highlights the weakness of the firmware that handles music MP3 CDs on this LG player. Even my car JVC hifi is able to automatically play the songs on the same CD I tested on the LG with no issues and no manual intervention.
g0lfhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2012, 07:53 PM   #4
mr.knuxie

" Does is have a Shuffle Button on the remote? Some functions in some players aren't enabled when the Menu function is enabled. On my Phillips player they call the menu function PBC Mode.

On other boards I've seen it suggested to burn a DVD with no folders. That way the random isn't limited to one folder. "

I think a PBC function can only be used in a DVD player on a sony brand. I am just wondering. but try to use VLC player I think that would play nice...

Regards,
Knuxie
knuxie1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Eclectician

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuxie1135 View Post
" but try to use VLC player I think that would play nice...

Regards,
Knuxie
There's no issue shuffling when played on the PC. The question is about hardware players.

Last edited by MilesAhead; 25 Oct 2012 at 11:47 AM
MilesAhead is offline   Reply With Quote