Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Other Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2002, 10:26 AM   #1

Default Problems with SW2: Attack of the clones

I have tried to rip my SW2: Attack of the clones with Smartripper 2.41 and encode it to DivX (DivX 4.12) using XMPEG 4.5. The problem is that when i load the IFO file and select language for audio and subtitles and then encode it i get Block-breakup in the picture and it skipps several secons forward in the movie.

Having ripped it with DVD Decrypter I can encode the invididual VOB files (do not get an .IFO file here) without problems, but then I do not get any subtitles (which I want).

Any help on the subject to successfully rip and encode this movie would be appreciated? Ive converted many DVDs in the past and never encountered this problem. I suspect that it is a problem with multiangles, but I do not know how to solve it.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 11:14 AM   #2
Retired

Set DVD Decrypter to "Select all files" and you will most certainly get your .IFO, .Bup, and all .VOB files ripped...
Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:46 AM   #3

But will this extract data according to one angle only? if not there will be problems with encoding.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 06:45 AM   #4
Retired

Select MultiAngle - Angle 1 from the dropdown menus... However, doing so will "kill" XMPEG's ability to use the .IFO as the information source for conversion, since you will have altered the first .VOB.

I'd suggest, instead, that you do a COMPLETE multi-angle rip and then (If XMPEG doesn't have the same ability), use Flask v.0.594PX3 to select "Open DVD". You will then be able to select both the angle and the subtitles without difficulty...

Last edited by setarip; 24 Nov 2002 at 06:50 AM
Old 24 Nov 2002, 01:08 PM   #5

I thank you very much for that reply. It seems to be the answer to my troubles. Will try it out.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:02 PM   #6
Retired

My pleasure ;>}
Old 25 Nov 2002, 12:25 AM   #7

Hmm, I still get block breakup combined with skipping forward.
Tried several versions of FlaskMPEG (0.594 PX3 for example) and the phenomen occurs in all of them. Any ideas?
Old 25 Nov 2002, 04:42 AM   #8
Retired

Since I had absolutely no problem yielding a stable conversion, I can only guess that your DVD or your DVD drive may need to be cleaned...
Old 26 Nov 2002, 02:09 AM   #9

Playback of the ripped files or the DVD itself give no problem. It is with flaskmpeg the problem occurs.

I have tried using DVD2AVI, and with that I do not get these blocks, but it hangs during the big battle in the end.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 11:33 AM   #10
Old member

Default Re: Problems with SW2: Attack of the clones

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
I have tried to rip my SW2: Attack of the clones with Smartripper 2.41 and encode it to DivX (DivX 4.12) using XMPEG 4.5. The problem is that when i load the IFO file and select language for audio and subtitles and then encode it i get Block-breakup in the picture and it skipps several secons forward in the movie.

Having ripped it with DVD Decrypter I can encode the invididual VOB files (do not get an .IFO file here) without problems, but then I do not get any subtitles (which I want).

Any help on the subject to successfully rip and encode this movie would be appreciated? Ive converted many DVDs in the past and never encountered this problem. I suspect that it is a problem with multiangles, but I do not know how to solve it.
Use the better DivX 5.02 codec.

You may also wish to GordianKnot a try. A guide for it is available in this forum.