Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Active) > VCD/SVCD > Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22 May 2004, 04:51 AM   #1

Default Pal Dvd to Ntsc Svcd (Audio synch prob)

Dear all,
I am new here so If I am repeating something already here, I am sorry. I have been wading through post and am getting tire. lol.
A friend of mine ripped a dvd for me. It is a music V ideo collection. Well, I got the ripped dvd file to my pc, mounted it w/ Alcohol 120% and tried to use my DVD copy gold to rip/convert.
No luck, I got an IFO file read error.
So I open up good old Dvd Decryptor, point it the right direction, hit Decrypt it! Success!
Ok, I take it into Mainconcept... Ah ha! It is in Pal Format, so I choose to convert it to ntsc svcd.( Also tried vcd later.)
I hit Convert it! wait.... It's done!
I open the file to preview on my pc, Looks good.... UH OH! The words don't match the lips! lol.
Since this is a music video, it really is not good.
I try using a tut I found on using dvd to avi to create a proj. file in order to output a seperate wav file for use to re encode the file but when I open up main concept it don't recognize the file that I just made as a wav or sound file? I have tried to use tmpgen many times before UNSUCCESSFULLY on other files (not this one yet.) I have found less compatibility issues w/ the main concept encoder. I do have tmpgen though.
My DVD player has settings for both pal and ntsc but I have found whenever I have had trouble before , usually it is due to the pal encoding being used so I always change the format to ntsc.
BTW/ I have one of those cheap Apex players and love it! It plays just about anything most times!
So, how do I get the audio fixed? Is there a way to rip the audio file only easily?
I have flask mpeg too but haven't had much luck w/ it in the past. Maybe I don't know how to use it properly?
thanks,
star****

Last edited by starlight64; 22 May 2004 at 04:54 AM
starlight64 is offline   Reply With Quote