Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Active) > VCD/SVCD > Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2004, 10:00 AM   #1

Thumbs down TempGEnc not responding

Hi I recently purchased a new computer (P4 3.0GHZ, 512 RAM, on board ati radeon 9100IGP 128MB chip) and wich to use the new dvd burner on it. I have ripped the dvd contents using DVD decoder and used dvd to avi to create one file for TempGEnc.

I have then started TempGEnc(version 2.521) selected PAL and the dvd takes up 98% of a dvd - R. When I start encoding after about 20 secounds or so TempGEnc stops responding. I have tryed turning all other background programs off before attempting to encode, trying to encode as the first thing i do when i enter windows(XP pro sp1). I have even tryed to just sacrifice the quality down to a vcd (this causes the program to encode a little more, maybe a minute, before it callapses).

I was wondering if there are any options I can choose to make The program not freeze (i have turning off the preview option with no real success), and if not is there another encoding program I can use that won't freeze?(needs to accept D2V files.)
Problematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 11:10 AM   #2
Super Moderator

tmpgenc is not the program to use if you want to make a copy of a dvd... you use "dvd decrypter" to get the dvd onto your hard drive, then you use "dvd shrink" if needed, to make it smaller. then burn with a program of your choice. for guides/tutorials, go to http://dvdshrink.info

anonymez is offline   Reply With Quote