Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Active) > VCD/SVCD > Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5 Aug 2004, 08:36 AM   #1

Question TMPGEnc Oddity

I have some MPG-1 files, which were made with VBR MPG2 audio. To get these to author OK in TMPGEnc DVD Authour I have to convert them to MPG2 and CBR Audio.

I have a problem however.

If I use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 or Xpress 3 the audio ends up out of sync on the newly created MPG2 files.

If I use the 30 day limited free edition of TMPGEnc 2.5 I do not get this problem at all, and everything is perfect.

I have converted tons of AVI etc, and generally dont have too many problems with 2.5 or even 3, but this one has got me stumped.

Why does one bit of software work perfect, even though its limited, and the pro version I paid good money for not meet my needs.

Any and all help appreciated.
nzjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Aug 2004, 11:21 AM   #2
Digital Video Explorer

"If I use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 or Xpress 3 the audio ends up out of sync on the newly created MPG2 files."

In TMPGEnc, after you have loaded the mpeg file, click the "Setting" button at the bottom of the main dialog. Click on the "Advanced" tab and double-click on "Source Range". In that dialog at the bottom, there is an "Audio Gap Correct" window that will allow you to correct the audio by using a plus or minus value.
ormonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Aug 2004, 12:07 PM   #3

This would work fine, however the audio gets more and more out of sync as the file plays through.

So the first 5mins are OK, and by the end (50 mins) its about 7 sec out. I can alter the sync by 7 seconds, but then this stuffs up the beginning of the file.

I can keep using the free version - I have no trouble with it - but why do the free version and the plus version produce different results from the same file ?

anyone know why ? or a workaround ?
nzjacob is offline   Reply With Quote