View Poll Results: Please give TMPGEnc a rating
5 out of 5 49 54.44%
4 out of 5 27 30.00%
3 out of 5 8 8.89%
2 out of 5 2 2.22%
1 out of 5 2 2.22%
0 out of 5 2 2.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 6 Dec 2001, 09:15 PM   #1
Administrator

Default User rating for TMPGEnc

Please rate this tool (out of 5), and post any comments under this thread.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 08:44 PM   #2

Cool Nice and easy

Excellent prog that seems to do all that is needed - converting, encoding, splitting and joining. Also has good support for addons (can sometimes make conversion times a little lengthy) All in all a good starting place for beginners like me!!!!
colsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2002, 12:20 AM   #3

Same for me as a beginner. The programme is not too hard to get to grips with and seems to do all the tasks well.
I suppose the encoding bit is the bugbear having to wait for hours for it to encode the files.
I'm thinking of building a machine just for this sole purpose, then I can carry on doing other things on my main PC.
Chris.
mrbingley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2002, 08:20 AM   #4

Great !!! havent had any major problems with it, use v1.2 a to convert and cut..

Cheers
1 Smelly Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2002, 04:40 AM   #5

I don't use this program to convert, I juste use it for the MPGtools. I have to multiplex and cut my VCD's with this programs. I never had any problems with it. It's a very reliable program.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 06:13 AM   #6

Easy to use, just excellent picture quality! But soooo slow!
Well my Pentium2 could be the answer to that.... but I also have to say that it does not actually slow down the computer.
Great program!
Danski0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2002, 12:28 AM   #7

Question how to improve picture quality

Hello,

I'm editing my own videos with adobe premiere 6 and I'm just wondering how to get as max qualitiy as possible on a DVD.

Currently I'm using the DIVX5.0 Codec to produce a AVI file and the import this avi file into the TMPG Encoder to create the mpeg2 file.

Can anybody tell me which TMPG/DIVX5.0 - settings result in best picture quality ?

Thanks for each post!
kahlb_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2003, 10:34 PM   #8
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Well It does slow down the computer when Priority is Set high because it'll choke out my P4 3.06 GHZ but I must say I can get stuff done with it like that in about an hour and a half
SKD_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2003, 11:41 AM   #9
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

For my 1.4 gig Athlon XP I'm looking at a 17 hour run for a High Quality 2 hour captured video. I can cut that down to 4-5 hours by just selecting the "clip" trim the "noise lines" off the top, bottom and sides (don't have a stand-alone DVD player). The end product is awesome...love the tools...but wish they'd make a patch to accept LPCM (like ULead did for VideoStudio).
rsquirell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2003, 12:04 PM   #10
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

17 hours? What else do you have running in the background because it really should take that long. what I do is I close out everything before I go to bed then I set the priority to high and by the morning it is done
SKD_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2003, 07:48 AM   #11
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

Guess that's what your extra 2 gigs gets you...if I just select clip and knock a few lines off the margins I get a 4-5 hr overnite run...if I select noise and high quality video it's a 17hr run...it's why I'm grateful for a 2nd computer.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 03:08 AM   #12
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

Smile-2

I'm changing my rating for TMPGenc from 4 out of 5 to 5 out of 5. I just learned how to use it to change LPCM audio to PCM AND how to get it to write headers on a headerless video stream. An absolutely Fabulus product. For details see my post "Use TMPGenc to Convert/Render" in the Dazzle DVC-150 General forum. (Go to Dazzle home page...click support...click community forums.) Using TMPGenc I can make copies using the 150 external capture device that's as good as any I've seen made by internal cards.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 10:26 PM   #13

It's simply the best mpeg encoder i've ever try. It gives very good svcd and vcd videos clips. I like this software.
cd090580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Sep 2003, 09:48 AM   #14

Default Renecode an existing mpeg2 using Tmpgenc to reduce the size of the original MPEG2 fil

HI there,

I have been using the program ReMPEG2 V. 1.52 for about two years with great success, however I am having a problem now . I have edited my own movie in Adobe 6.5 then exported it as MPEG2 which creates a MPEG file of about 6 gig excluding the .wav file of 1.2GB

When I look at the MPEG files after I recompressed it in ReMPEG2 down to 3GB the MPEG plays fine but it is only 1 hour and 15 min instead of the original 1 hour and 55 min. When I look at the original Mpeg it is definitely 1hour 55 minutes just like the .wav is.

So now I decided to try out TMPGEnc using version 2.520.54.163 which seems far more complicated with all these options than ReMPEG2. I am looking for the option that will allow me to adjust the scale factor for the bit rate. So in my example above I would slide the slider down to 50% in order for my MPEG to reduce in size to 3GB from 6GB Where is the option in TMPGEnc.

Another question:

I see there is an option ES (video & audio) and system (video & audio) what the difference and will this also compress the .wav file as well as the MPEG2 file? And will it still play fine after I have burn the DVD using Impression pro

Thanks for your help
-Steven

Last edited by steveng; 2 Sep 2003 at 09:54 AM
steveng is offline   Reply With Quote