Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > General > Off Topic

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 4 Sep 2013, 01:04 PM   #3076
BR7
He is coming to your little town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1647 View Post
Looks like only me, uufta and Tammie so far in the pool.

Season starts 9-5-13 with a Thursday Night Game
can I get in?

My Blu-ray Collection
BR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Sep 2013, 01:19 PM   #3077
An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker

Sure PM me with a good email address to use..

be glad to see you back
jm1647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Sep 2013, 01:36 PM   #3078
BR7

Thanks. All has been well for the most part. Finally starting to feel fully recovered after my heart surgery in January. I had to have my aortic valve replaced. I went to the mayo clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. That is one hell of a place. Top notch staff that made me feel very comfortable. They had me walking the very next day. I'm very thankful I was able to go there.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 01:40 PM   #3079

Glad to hear everything went well.

Hadda few buddies and family members get 3 or 4 bypasses, no more laying in bed,, like you up and outta bed the next day
Old 5 Sep 2013, 02:46 AM   #3080
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
Thanks. All has been well for the most part. Finally starting to feel fully recovered after my heart surgery in January. I had to have my aortic valve replaced. I went to the mayo clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. That is one hell of a place. Top notch staff that made me feel very comfortable. They had me walking the very next day. I'm very thankful I was able to go there.

Good to hear your ok, you went to the best place on the planet, and just imagine my state voted to help them quadruple in size ( they want to call it a care destination) kinda like Disneyworld
You were just down the road from me, to bad we didnt know each other better, I coulda come down and hung out a bit. I have been a guest there also, goodluck with everything except this football pool
uufta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2013, 02:58 AM   #3081
BR7

That place impressed the hell out of me. I even wrote my doctor and his staff a thank you letter. It was also touching to see the rubber ducks the little kids send them to thank them.

Thanks for the pool encouragement lol
Old 5 Sep 2013, 11:23 AM   #3082

Default 2013 NFL Season and Pool

The season and pool start 9-5-13 with the first Game Ravens and Broncos

people in the pool with picks in so far
BR7 (he's back), Danny Coz (my grandson an offline player), SgtFlash (MikeM), me, josie, Tammie and uufta.

Heard from dr but no picks in yet.

Kabu probably won't play/pick, and haven't heard from Dan or NightTrain yet

Gonna leave them in the pool so whoever wins can split their funny money or in case they do make picks.

Mike L (hasta sign up again) or I can make him an offline player if need be.

Good Luck to all

Last edited by jm1647; 5 Sep 2013 at 11:25 AM
Old 7 Sep 2013, 01:07 AM   #3083
BR7

Man! I thought for sure it was going to be closer then that. Manning had a hell of a night.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 07:06 AM   #3084

A crazy Ravens - Broncos game to start another crazy NFL season

Quote:
Man! I thought for sure it was going to be closer then that. Manning had a hell of a night.
So did I, but it looked like the Ravens D got pooped out and the Broncos lit them up. And when Bronco's Trevathan with the interception hotdoged it and did his Desean Jackson move and let the ball loose at the 1 the broncos lost 6 points there and the ball when it rolled outta the end zone. Woulda been nice for Peyton to set the record by himself with 8 TD's in a game, but that series late in the 4th qtr when they ran 3X and out there was no chance.

Can't wait 'til Monday Night for the Eagles Redskin game
Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:48 AM   #3085

Default Week 1 results and pool point explanation

Another crazy week in a new NFL season Refs replay a down on penalties on a dead ball foul (that ref got downgraded), and a batted ball called a backwards pass were a couple I seen.

EJ Manuel and Geno Smith played good, with Buffalo almost beating NE and The Jets won.

With 11 people listed in the pool @10 points per week for each week there are 1870 points to split over the season. There are 110 points in each week to be split with 96%(105.60) split among 1st(55), 2nd(33) and 3rd place(17.60) and the other 4% from each week (4.4 x 17= 74.80) will be split among the 1st(37.40), 2nd(22.44) and 3rd place(14.96) season ending pick point leaders.

The pool started with a bang with me and Tammie tied at 12 picks right, and Danny Coz and uufta tied with 11 picks right. The pool pays the points to the top 3.

So Tammie won first place with the MNF tiebreaker score to get first with 55 points and I got second place with 33 points over Danny Coz and uufta.

to Tammie

uufta won 17.60 third place points winning with the MNF tiebreaker score over Danny Coz who gets no points.

And Dan is back too

The season pool winner will be determined using total points in finances not total pick points this year. The 3 total pick point leaders get a share of the 4%(74.80) at the end of the season which will be added to their points in finances determining the overall point leader in finances.

Week 2 starts with Thursday Night Football get them picks in
Old 12 Sep 2013, 10:59 AM   #3086
BR7

Congrats to this weeks winner.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:32 PM   #3087

Default Week 1 stuff

I tweaked the constitution in the pool rules section to explain things. Check it out.

Here are the pick results, the pick standing, the site pool finances and the pool finance spreadsheet after week 1.

TNF this week get them picks in Good Luck To All!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Football (NFL) USA-2013-pool-week-1-results.jpg   Football (NFL) USA-2013-pool-week-1-standings.jpg   Football (NFL) USA-2013-pool-week-1-finances.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 pool finance spreadsheet after week 1.pdf‎ (6.0 KB, 99 views)
Old 17 Sep 2013, 06:36 AM   #3088

Default 2013 week 2 so far

Tammie did some nice picking for week 2 and leads the pack with 12 picks right so far

Me, Danny Coz and uufta are tied with 11.

MNF game and tiebreaker will determine the top 3 again this week.

Some nice game this week with some going to the wire, shame the Eagles were one of 'em. The D looked shaky to me from the gitgo this season and The San Diego game proved it to me.

Stupid penalties by the Eagles throughout the game. D Jax should no better. Chip Kelly is not happy with the O not giving the ball to the officials and leaving the ball on the ground between plays again.

But credit to the Chargers they just plain outplayed the Eagles defense, 2x the possession time and 50% more plays.

The schedule gods were not kind to the Eagles having 3 games in 11 days but no excuse they should be in shape with that Navy Seal trainer taking care of them. I'm still on the bandwagon (never really leave it anyway) and looking forward to what should be an exciting season this year. Big Red comes to the Linc in Kansas City red this week.

Thursday night game again this week get them picks in

Good Luck To All!!!!
Old 17 Sep 2013, 02:17 PM   #3089
BR7

Tragedy in the NFL !
The Pittsburgh Steelers have gone missing. They have not showed up at their two scheduled games.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 11:27 AM   #3090

Default 2013 week 2 results

Quote:
Tragedy in the NFL !
The Pittsburgh Steelers have gone missing. They have not showed up at their two scheduled games.
They might be hiding out with the Eagles D

Tammie wins week 2 with 13 correct picks.

me and uufta tied with 12 right and the same MNF TS of 44. Danny Coz also had 12 right with a MNF TS of 48. The MNF TS was 30. With me and uufta tied being closest to 30 the site equally split 2nd and 3rd place points to us. Danny Coz again got nothing again because of the MNF tiebreaker score.

Attached are the picks, standings and finance spreadsheet.

TNF this week get them picks in!

Good Luck to All!!
Attached Thumbnails
Football (NFL) USA-2013-week-2-picks.gif   Football (NFL) USA-2013-week-2-standings.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 pool finance spreadsheet after week 2.pdf‎ (29.7 KB, 201 views)