Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Boycotts/Protests/Petitions/Rants

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1 Oct 2004, 08:55 AM   #1

Angry Beware of ordering from Meritline!!!!

Hi,

I just want to tell you about my last experience with Meritline.I just recently placed a second order with Meritline for 500 Ritek G04 (shiny) DVD-Rs and 500 DVD cases. They sent me the wrong discs, which will not work with my burner. I have been on the phone with them for two days trying to resolve the issue. They claim it is a problem with their supplier and they were "investigating" the problem. They didn't tell me this UNTIL the second day.

I asked them to send me replacements (Ritek G04 matte). I asked them to send a return label and then send the replacement discs once the return package was in the UPS system. I paid $200 for these discs, and I don't have ANOTHER $200 lying around to order more discs. I will have to wait another two weeks before I can even order more discs from another company. I really felt like this was tacky, so I requested to return the 500 cases (don't need cases without discs) along with the incorrect discs they sent. They said I could return them at my own expense, which would be another $35 in shipping fees. So here I sit with 500 cases and no discs.

I have read so many good things about this company, but I will NEVER order another thing from them. I don't care if I have to pay a higher price.
Old 1 Oct 2004, 09:18 AM   #2
Retired

I can only tell you that I've purchased products from Meritline many times and, on those few occasions that required return of product, I've had no difficulty...
Old 6 Oct 2004, 07:30 AM   #3

I had the exact same trouble with them with an order of a pack of 50 DVD+ disks about a year ago.

They shipped DVD- disks and would not send me the correct ones until I returned the wrong disks THEY sent by THEIR mistake at MY cost.

It was my first order I had ever placed with them...

And I have not ordered from them since..

Last edited by Falkor; 6 Oct 2004 at 07:34 AM
Old 9 Oct 2004, 08:22 PM   #4
MPS
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

thanx for the warning, that is why i always buy discs personally in a warehouse