Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Boycotts/Protests/Petitions/Rants

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18 Nov 2002, 03:49 AM   #1
Retired

Default DVD X Copy

$100 U.S. for single-purpose software? - that is presently admittedly flawed?

I think not...
Old 18 Nov 2002, 12:09 PM   #2
Administrator

What does interest me about this software is that it adds a copyright notice to copied DVDs, and uses some sort of digital watermarking technology, so that pirated copies can be traced.

This may stop the DVDs from being pirated, but at $100, I think the bigger target of piracy would be DVD X COPY it self, rather than the DVD movies that it can copy.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 12:36 PM   #3
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

DVDXCOPY works for many users. The $100 price tag is reasonable, and updates/bug fixes are available free of charge on a regular basis. Many softwares have bugs to be ironed out, but so long they are being fixed and you can download patches for free I think $100 is not a bad price.
Old 25 Nov 2002, 07:46 AM   #4

If that 100$ is really worth it, then some people will buy it, but as soon as it becomes pirated, its gonna be available on p2p, hence the 100dollar price tag seems a bit unreasonable for such a product.

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html
Old 22 Jan 2003, 03:00 PM   #5
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

is dvd x copy made by 321studios?
Old 22 Jan 2003, 03:17 PM   #6
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

321 studios has a dubious history (many disgruntled customers who purchased their vcd authoring software) and is the manufacturer of dvdxcopy, it is currently facing the wrath of the MPAA.

And yes, many pirated versions of dvdxcopy exist
Old 22 Jan 2003, 03:19 PM   #7

AS GD_NIMROD says the pirate's have landed there's a key generator on kazza already i think it's a shit program but to each his own!!!!
Old 22 Jan 2003, 03:20 PM   #8
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

You may be in violation of forum rules, onerose.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 01:09 PM   #9

I think the price is a bit steep for something that has low compatiblity with standalone DVD players. I wouldn't want to watch everything on my PC all the time. If it was more compatible than it would be priced right.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 06:18 AM   #10

I recently purchased DVDXCopy and am completely happy with the product. After my really bad experience with DVDCloner (cost $60) which did not work and my inability to get a response from them regarding my refund, I was more than happy to pay the price for something that works.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 05:31 PM   #11

Don't get me started about DVD Cloner. What a piece of crap that program is and was!
Old 18 Feb 2003, 08:37 AM   #12

Thumbs up I have used it...

yELLO

I have used 321 and found it to be very useful it does everything for you and i would recomend it to people before i have heard what you all had to say about it.

With the hole price thing in my opinion i thing it is realy odd that thease people would charge so much because as onerose said that for any program it would be on p2p after 5-10 days after release.
Well if we keep pirating things then prices will go up and up and comanies will keep on getting shot down.

I know everyone has used pirated copies but it is not our fault it is the problem of thease large compaies charging so much for there programs.

Does anyone agree with me.

Ck
Old 27 Feb 2003, 04:11 PM   #13

I kinda agree with you, but its sort of a catch-22. actually in my opinion, I don't even see the need to spend $100 for the thing when there are so many freeware options available along with all the wonderful guides on how to use them on this sight (btw, great job on that guys )
Old 27 Feb 2003, 06:13 PM   #14

Default well bad stuff

It is a lot more work but it is also a lot freeer.

There are companies that will be compleatly put out of business if we keep on doing this. HEHEHE

There is not a lot that we can do. It you have bought the program tought and if you want to buy a program to not buy this one because in my opinion it is "not good". There are no many places where you can get tutorials for thease things.

WeLL sEE you again

Ck
Old 6 Mar 2003, 10:41 AM   #15

Talking-2 DVD X COPY its OK but... needs more features

I just picked up a new version of this program the only complaint I have is that it doesn't give you an option to make more than 1 backup so I have to wait longer to get another movie. It does not save to hard drive.

Also to the only way THEY can trace illeagal copies is because you paid with a credit card for the program and you are stupid enough to register it to your name and probably through a DVD burner if you did same ( if its even possible to trace DVD signature)

Now, DVD X COPY , super secret Agent Tracing FLIE(LOL) is nothing but a text file that you can modify if you go to your /WINDOWS/TEMP folder and look thorugh DVDXCOPY subfolders.(LOOK 4 IT AFTER PROG STOPS TO CHANGE DISKS)

But I got to give them props for throwing in that watermark screen. ANNOYING ISNT IT. I have yet to brake this one.

Another thing that impressed me was that you can't backup a backup. if dvd movie industry used this on originals We'd Be SOL

XP2000+ WinME
DRU-500A 1.e
Using with TDK DVD+R Disks and Princo(ebay)