Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Boycotts/Protests/Petitions/Rants

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Just Trying To Help

Default If You Can't Return Them Use Them

If you are one of those people who when you first started doing this went out and bought because it was a great deal a 200 box of cheap crappy media and can't return them I say "use them".Now I am not talking about sitting there trying to burn 50 or 200 of them.Each time you do a backup try 1 or 2 just to see if you get lucky.If you get a few coasters "use them" too make wind chimes,decorate next years Christmas Tree ( stick a fan beside it so they spin) or even "use them as coasters".If you get lucky and some take it just means down the road you have to take the original out,blow the dust of the case and redo it on good media which is now cheap media because anybody that can afford it has holographic movies to watch.Now I stress this this is strictly for those that can't return them and do not make the same mistake twice or as you will find out if you read to the end three times.Listen to the good people at this forum and buy good media.It is only going to benefit you in the long run.I mean why go to all the trouble to do it right and stick it on a 15 cent disc just because it was a good deal.It could be worse before finding this forum you could have went out and bought another 200 box of cheap crappy media because it was $5 cheaper than two weeks before.

Old 10 Jan 2006, 09:54 PM   #3
Super Moderator

everytime i've returned media (about 3 times, several years ago), they let me, and i got a full refund

but that was in the earlier days of dvd burning, now they have a sign next to the media shelves, stating once its opened, no refunds.

Old 11 Jan 2006, 01:14 AM   #4
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

I have never had any troubles returning any bad discs...then again I have only returned once, they asked me to bring in all the discs even the ones that failed but I got my money back and have never bought those crappy ones again.

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
good
-------------------------------------------
Old 11 Jan 2006, 09:07 AM   #5
NOT an online superstore

My store lets you return media... just the other day I saw a 10 pack of DL Verbatims on sale, and they were like "they were returned with 2 missing" LOL! How easy would it be for someone to buy them, burn some, and lie that they didn't like them and get almost all the cost back? But oh well! They say that if you get bad burns you can return them. I wonder why I don't see all the open packs of Philips there... maybe the store just destroys them?

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀šŰǹt̉ếř
Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
My DVD Collection
Old 11 Jan 2006, 10:20 AM   #6
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

Talking

I say, use 'em as clay pigeons!

PULL!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
- Confidence
Old 11 Jan 2006, 10:31 AM   #7
NOT an online superstore

:d (Blasted forums! Why won't that stay uppercase!)
Old 17 Jan 2006, 06:46 PM   #8

Uniques Clocks made from all sorts of computer parts

CD Disk Revival--Art From the Dumps

What can you do with AOL demo disks and obsolete CDs besides throwing them into the trash? Recycle them. Data Management System is happy to take your disk discards--including cracked or broken disks, CD trays and CD jewel cases.

Data Management will accept any quantity of disks, as long as you pay shipping charges. Because disks, CD trays and CD jewel cases are made from different materials, Data Management sorts donations by hand before grinding all the materials up. Next they send everything to another company which then removes the ink and aluminum coatings before melting them down for reuse. Read More

I've seen flowers, coasters, even wall art made with these.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 11:54 AM   #9
its not illegal, until you get caught~!

i bought a new burner, new software, installed new firmware, to find out, my burner was fine, and the 100 pack off ebay that was 25.00 was bunk, turned into 3 days of hell and -70.00. Shame on CHINA
Old 11 Feb 2006, 11:59 AM   #10
Demigod of Digital Video

i've never returned media to a store where i got them. i just warranty them through the website. i have yet to get a failed burn from a sony disc, but 2 of those recent memorex Go5's i warrantied at their web page. i made them pay!.....boy did i make them pay! i was very happy in the end.
"You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
(An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Old 11 Feb 2006, 12:01 PM   #11
Next to Arch Stanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambion7
I say, use 'em as clay pigeons!

PULL!
Just like old hard drives!
"Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."
Old 13 Feb 2006, 07:21 AM   #12

cd coasters > *
Old 16 Feb 2006, 07:20 AM   #13

I never had problems with cheap media, they all burn perfect for me. Well if you consider memorex cheap. I did buy a 100 spindle of dvd +R's for 20 bucks at compusa. It turns out they were the rico ones when i did a dvd info so I guess I lucked out
Old 18 Feb 2006, 05:51 AM   #14
Charon

i get a huge discount where I work, 50 dvd blanks for 15 US dollars, that includes tax, haven't had any problems with them, and if they don't burn right, ahhh, just try again, they're cheap enough.
Old 25 May 2007, 11:22 AM   #15

Personally, I like chucking bad media out my window just to see them fly. I get a bonus thrill if they land on the road and shatter, or if they survive the landing, it's nice to see cars run them over. Bad media gets me mad fast.