Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Nero Recode

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2006, 04:32 AM   #1

Default Video Play Back Quality Not Very Good

Hi Friends,
I posted this on MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) thread and suddenly realized I actually should be posting on Nero Recorder 2 Sites. Sorry for that!
Here is an issue to take a crack at. I recently purchased the D-Link DSM-320 Digital Media Player to help play my video files directly from the computer rather than constantly burning them to a DVD Media. The problem with this player is that it does not play many DVD Files unless they are converted to MPEG-4. D-Link suggested that you convert these files with Nero Recoder 2 Digital. The problem one encounters with this trend, is that it takes about an hour to rip and convert these files with Nero Recoder 2 Digital, after which the file the can play on the D-Link Media Player. Of course, the quality of the video feed is not very good. Is there a way to make this file clearer and better?
Old 31 Aug 2006, 03:32 PM   #2
Super Moderator

googled the D-Link DSM-320 and found it plays DVD (or rather mpeg2) as well as mpeg4 asp. however i'd imagine the low quality is due to the settings you've used. having never used nero i'm not sure what they might be, but try setting a 2-pass encode, increasing motion search and bitrate.

if you're willing to try something else, it should play xvid as well, in which case you could use AutoGK to encode

Old 2 Sep 2006, 12:31 AM   #3

Thanks Buddy, I'll look into your suggestion.