Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4 Apr 2009, 09:53 PM   #1

Angry-2 DVD burning problems, need advice

Ok, so I used to have no problem burning my DVD's with Nero 7. I use and have always used Sony DVD -R discs.

The problem I am having, now that I am using Nero 9, is that if I play the disc in my computer it works great. If I play it in any other DVD player in the house, the movie plays but it doesn't play in order.

Normally when I put the disc in the couter says I'm five minutes in but I am seeing credits for the end of the movie.

Can anyone help on what may be the problem. I use DVD shrink, which is what I have always used, and had no problems. I know that getting help on this is against the rules, I just wanted to let you know what I was using.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 08:08 AM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Nothing to do with DVD Shrink - just read and implement the Golden Rules of Burning.

For more specific help, post youir Ner0 log.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Old 5 Apr 2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Banned

How to fix at least part of your problem:

1. Throw all versions of nero in the trash and totally remove it from your computer registry and hard drive
2. Install the latest release of Imgburn (clean install)
3. Only use + type blank media on all sizes of blank media and book type settings when possible to create a DVD-ROM and BD-ROM disks for the best chance of success.

Last edited by ed klein; 5 Apr 2009 at 08:23 AM
Old 5 Apr 2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Just trying to learn...

Agree that ImgBurn is the BEST for burning (consider donating to developer to encourage its continued improvement), but would suggest that you not trash Nero. It does have its uses...just not the best program for burning.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 11:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed klein View Post
3. Only use + type blank media on all sizes of blank media and book type settings when possible to create a DVD-ROM and BD-ROM disks for the best chance of success.
Even with DVD-ROM booktyping, DVD+R is less compatible than DVD-R. It's the physical characteristics of the media that makes it happen this way. They booktype is secondary. DVD-R should always be the first choice, for the best compatibility.

Using a good disc, such as Verbatim (Mitsubishi media) with its metallic AZO dye, is also very important. For more information on the best discs, and where to buy them, see http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/media/index.htm

Old 24 Apr 2009, 11:10 PM   #6

Nero has become a monster program, and i liked it much better back when it was only a program for burning disces. Now i will not recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by blutach; 25 Apr 2009 at 06:54 AM
Old 22 Aug 2009, 02:13 PM   #7

Smile Same issue

I have a exactly same problem as you. When one month ago I did it, there was no problem. I am not sure that what is the difference between good before and bad currently. I can't remember the DVD shrink version and Nero Version. Anyway, if I find the reason why the DVD playback sequence is different from computer playback sequence, I'll post it.
I appreciate it if you also do it.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 11:29 AM   #8

i have dvd shrink and i've got several dvd's installed in there already but how do i copy them onto another blank dvd straight from the computer using dvd shrink?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 07:37 AM   #9

Sorry, we can't give advice on DVD Shrink chaps.

Regards
Old 18 Oct 2009, 04:34 PM   #10

Default Cycling error

New chum here, so will try to follow rules. I can use a backup program to backup a favourite DVD movie of mine. Works great from the files saved on the hard drive. Burning a DVD with Nero 6 produces a DVD which stops playing about ten minutes in. It seems to hit a place where it just cycles. Redid the copying and burnt with Nero and ticked the box to compare burn with source data. Burn advised as successful. Error checking gets to 12% and then cycles continuously. I have the log file. This part repeats endlessly. 6:41:21 AM #33 SCSI -1128 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1430 SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x0B931000 Status: 0x04 (0x01, SCSI_ERR) HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK) TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND) Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR) Sense Code: 0x11 Sense Qual: 0x00 CDB Data: 0x28 0x00 0x00 0x04 0x01 0xC2 0x00 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 Sense Data: 0xF0 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x04 0x01 0xC2 0x0A 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x11 0x00

Last edited by blutach; 20 Oct 2009 at 06:42 AM
Old 20 Oct 2009, 06:42 AM   #11

You have a bad burn. Read and implement the Golden Rules of Burning.

Regards
Old 13 Nov 2009, 01:55 PM   #12

Default What?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
Sorry, we can't give advice on DVD Shrink chaps.

Regards
I joined this forum only because I was having a problem with my dvd shrink. When I went to the help site I was forwarded here. If I can't get help here and the help button on the shrink sends me here and offers no other help, what should I do?

Just in case I'm not fully understanding the admonishment, I'll tell what my problem is in the hopes that someone will contact me and help.

I was burning a 2 disc set of a movie. The first disc burned fine. I used the DVD Decryptor. When I put in the 2nd disc, after all the files were accessed, I got a message saying "0 files copied" and I got another error message that said, "failed to set data for 'dvddecryptorplaydvd on arrival'".

So, then I went back to the shrink info and it said that if one got an error with the dvd decryptor and you just want to make an exact copy of the dvd, it can't be easier, just press on Full Disc and it will make a copy. Well, no matter how many times I press on Full Disc, nothing happens. Might anyone have any ideas on what I need to do now?

Thanks so much.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 02:09 PM   #13

Default one more thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespat View Post
I joined this forum only because I was having a problem with my dvd shrink. When I went to the help site I was forwarded here. If I can't get help here and the help button on the shrink sends me here and offers no other help, what should I do?

Just in case I'm not fully understanding the admonishment, I'll tell what my problem is in the hopes that someone will contact me and help.

I was burning a 2 disc set of a movie. The first disc burned fine. I used the DVD Decryptor. When I put in the 2nd disc, after all the files were accessed, I got a message saying "0 files copied" and I got another error message that said, "failed to set data for 'dvddecryptorplaydvd on arrival'".

So, then I went back to the shrink info and it said that if one got an error with the dvd decryptor and you just want to make an exact copy of the dvd, it can't be easier, just press on Full Disc and it will make a copy. Well, no matter how many times I press on Full Disc, nothing happens. Might anyone have any ideas on what I need to do now?

Thanks so much.
When I ran the DVD Decryptor and it would not work, the Shrink instructions said to go to the tool icon then select, settings, IO and then select Ignore read error. I did that and then when I clicked on the dvd button, it went through all the files again and I got the message, "operation successfully completed. copied 0 files, skipped 34 files." That is hardly successful. So, just to give more info. Hope someone can help.
Thanks again.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 07:44 AM   #14
Super Moderatress

Quote:
When I went to the help site I was forwarded here.
The Help file in DVD Shrink was written in 2004/2005. It's outdated.

Thread closed.