Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2010, 12:48 AM   #1

Default DVD Shrink Issues with backing up new release DVD’s

I am currently using DVD Shrink (Version – 3.2.0.15). I LOVE it!! It was super easy to use….which is very helpfully as I am computer retarded!! My only issue is that with a few newer DVD’s that I have tried to back up I am not able to. Everything looks normal to begin with….but then when it is encrypting….i think that is what the process is called…..it freezes up and I get an error say that it has timed out. Can anyone help me? Or do you have any other suggested free DVD Shrink/Backup software I should try?
Old 17 Jun 2010, 02:10 AM   #2

Sorry….it’s my first time on this site and after navigating around for a little while I found other posts about DVD Shrink….so I am now aware of rule #19.

I see that EDVD Rebuilder has been suggested…..does anyone have any recommendations for this? Is it easy to use and will it be able to backup new release DVD’s? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 17 Jun 2010, 02:51 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Shrink has (with one exception) a decrypting module to circumvent protection schemes on dvds and that is why our forum rules say NO to discussion Shrink.

DVD Rebuilder, however, is not used for decrypting dvds but only for reducing the amount of data which you may have in some certain directories of your harddrive.
Therefore we are able to discuss DVD RB.

The question of how to possibly copy protected material to your pc cannot and will not be discussed here.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 08:33 AM   #4

I have used dvd shrink for years and liked it. nothing is new on my computer. any suggestions for why it will now rarely make copies for me
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:42 AM   #5
Just trying to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloop2 View Post
I have used dvd shrink for years and liked it. nothing is new on my computer. any suggestions for why it will now rarely make copies for me
Unbelievable...
Old 6 Feb 2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Administrator

Thread closed because of forum rule 19 (also DVD Shrink is an extremely old, outdated, software, it's unlikely to work on anything new).