Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20 Dec 2008, 10:55 AM   #1

Default Issues with DVD Shrink

Well I had troubles burning a video using DVD Shrink. The first attempt it failed at about 80% but I had a defrag running and some other stuff happening so I thought it was due to timeout issues. Restarted the thing with nothing running and it failed again. I then tried Nero and it failed too so I thought it was a corrupt vob set. Deleted the stuff and tried a different folder. DVD Shrink got to about 80% and again the thing failed. I am running XP SP2 and have over 300gb free disk space (and 1gb RAM). Using Verbatim discs that had no issues before. I am stumped on what is going on.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 12:59 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

We can not discuss DVD Shrink on this forum. However, since DVD Shrink does not burn itself - rather, it calls Ner0 for its burning - it is clearly not an issue with DVD Shrink and we can discuss your problem.

Please post your Nero log.

Also, read and implement the Golden Rules of Burning.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Old 7 Feb 2009, 04:28 PM   #3

Hi I have been using Dvd Shrink and it has been working perfectly,
but suddenly the other day when i went to use it it is now coming up saying,,
Dvd Shrink encountered a problem and can not contine Invalid Dvd navigation structure??
can anyone please tell me what this means and how i can fix it thanks
Old 7 Feb 2009, 05:52 PM   #4

Sorry gypsy - please see my earlier post and rule 19.

Regards
Old 24 Feb 2009, 05:39 PM   #5

Unhappy

Can anyone help me with DVD Shrink? I am a grad student and need to get a couple of clips off of a DVD for a class. Whenever I get them, the audio is overwritten with the commentary from the producer/director and you can't hear the orignal voices/music. Your help would be appreciated ASAP. I am not sure what I am not checking or checking something incorrecctly when downloaded the DVD.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 11:16 PM   #6

No, we can't. My 2 other posts in this thread have made this clear.

Regards
Closed Thread