Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2010, 01:42 AM   #1

Default mDVR Experience

Does anyone have any experience with the micro Digital Video Recorders that are all over the market? I've looked at a couple. Most have poor image quality. The only one I've found that is reasonable is from VisionMOS. They have a longboard video on their Facebook page that's kind of cool. Still, it's not a perfect fit for my application. I'm working on something automotive.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
dave.schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2010, 08:15 AM   #2

We have a very helpful crew here, Thanks! Hahahaha Perhaps if I offered a few additional bits of info.

I’m interested in putting together an integrated video system with applications toward – well let’s call it action sports. It should be small enough to be used on cars / motorcycles / hang gliders… even on a person. Should be H.264 compliant. And before you run off and suggest GoPro, I’m looking for multiple image heads recording to a single device.

GoPro and other resale houses offer a fair product at a good price but it’s just not what I’m looking for. I’ll stick with my reference to VIsionMOS since I’m not willing to completely show my hand here. I have opened conversations with them and I am likely to purchase one of their mDVR-HD’s for evaluation.

So the input I’m hoping to hear is suggestions for all of you regarding other MANUFACTURERs, not resale houses.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 1 Sep 2010, 01:21 AM   #3

If anyone is taking notes, I have made my selection. I have chosen to go with either the VisionMOS mDVR-HD or the mDVR2. I've been talking with them and they have an mDVR2 that's about to be released (sometime in the next week or two). I decided to sample the board and if it meets thier hype, I have my board. Otherwise it will be the mDVR-HD. They don't currently have a spec sheet available online for the mDVR2 but they do have one for the mDVR-HD. Check it out...

http://www.visionmos.com/Products/mdvr-hd.htm
Old 1 Sep 2010, 02:25 AM   #4
Administrator

Thanks for sharing Dave. Sorry there wasn't more response (or any!) to your post, but I guess this is just a topic/area that's not discussed much around here. But thanks again for sharing, I'm sure it will be helpful for future visitors.