Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2010, 01:09 AM   #1

Default Play an unfinalized DVD+RW on a DVD Player?

Is it possible to play an unfinalized DVD (prob a DVD+RW) on a standard DVD player (specifically a PS2) ?

I know it doesn't work on standard DVDs because unfinalized DVDs don't have the TOC code; but is there a way around this ?

I currently burn them on a regular DVD-R disc but since I usually only watch them once, I was looking for a solution that was less wasteful.

I don't have a machine that has USB (or some other media storage) input;
My computer only has a VGA out and my tv has only S-Video or the component cable inputs.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Eclectician

Use Imgburn to burn the erasable DVD just as if it were a DVDR. The first time you use each disc, Imgburn will probably insist on formatting it. After that you can just do a quick erase each time before burning. I use DVD+RW for test burns. Don't use InCD. Get that off your system if you are running it.

Just use Imgburn "build mode". When it sees the folder you choose is VIDEO_TS it will ask if you are burning a video DVD and should it set the params correctly. Just click to let it do it. If you have an .iso DVD image then you can just drag & drop it onto Imgburn.