Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9 Jul 2007, 08:20 PM   #1

Default DvdRebuilder W/Quad-Core

Here are some pics of DvdRebuilder and my new quad-core computer. Looks like dvdrb sees the four processors on it's own, so I'm guessing there's no special settings that I have to changed. Dvdrb finished the movie Pride (movie only 1:48:48) in 54 mins. Used HC encoder in best mode. If someone with a dual or single core could post their times with this movie, that would be great for a comparison test. Or any other movie. I still have to fine tune this thing, but that may take awhile since I'm not very computer savvy. By the way should I check enable bitrate redistribution?
Attached Thumbnails
DvdRebuilder W/Quad-Core-dvdrebuilder.jpg   DvdRebuilder W/Quad-Core-untitled-2.jpg   DvdRebuilder W/Quad-Core-preformance.jpg   DvdRebuilder W/Quad-Core-dvdrebuilder-done-53-min.jpg  
ipaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Might have been easier to post your log instead of pics. 60 NTSC fames per second is pretty snappy. I get 33 PAL frames per second with my dual core 3800 X2 overclocked by 25% using HC Best.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2007, 10:38 PM   #3
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

I have an AMD Opteron 165 (dual core) running overclocked at 2.4Ghz -- with HC in "Best" mode I typically get about 44-48fps (on each of two encoder instances), which is the equivalent of about 3.75x. In CCE SP I'm usually just over 5x for speed.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9 Jul 2007 at 11:03 PM
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2007, 10:44 PM   #4
Not a god of digital video

That's also snappy jdobbs

@ipaulo - it is recommended to run BR distribution. It doesn't seem that it will make much difference where you have a high BR, but according to the research carried out on doom9, it works a treat on lower BRs.

Regards
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2007, 11:10 PM   #5
Super Moderator

@ipaulo
keep a close eye on those temps when using rebuilder, everyone is warning about those Q's running hot when all 4 cores are utilized

@jdobbs
maybe santa will bring you a barcelona for testing
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2007, 06:23 PM   #6

Thanks guys. @ Chewy I wonder it thats what happened because I blew the thing up already! I'm on a borrowed laptop now. I kinda doubt it because it didn't happen when I was using rebuilder. I had used rebuilder the day before. Now I can't say that I check the temp while rebuilder was running, but I checked every so often and it always seem to be between 42 and 44c. Then yesterday, the auto update came up for the motherboard and when I download it I got a run time error. Then later that day I had installed Yahoo's Music Jukebox. When I clicked reboot now it shutdown but wouldn't reboot. It just sat there and gave me a black screen. I'm going to try to have someone look at it tomorrow. I just hope I didn't damage anything. Well wish me luck I hope to be up and running again soon.
ipaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Aug 2007, 12:39 AM   #7
Super Moderator

well now that ipaulo's beast is rebuilt we are finding it running hot with rebuilder,

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...909#post539909

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...194#post540194

The current B-3 quad cores reach a TDP of 105 watts with a maximum temperature of 62.2 degrees Celsius.

Last edited by Chewy; 6 Aug 2007 at 01:04 AM
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote