Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2006, 01:24 PM   #1

Default Having trouble creating ISO image :(

Hi there, im having trouble creating an ISO image...this is the first one that ive come across after doing a number of movies.

It always occurs during the DVD create/burn ISO part in pgcedit
Ive attached a log.

By the way i was trying to do this rip on another computer...im not sure if it affects the problem but it has windows xp running on a FAT32 partition, but because of that i enabled an option that splits the ISO into 1gb chunks for FAT32 partitions.

ive also attached the rebuilder.log and the rebuilder.ini

I blanked out extras which ive done many times on other movies. So i figure that shouldnt cause any problems.

Im hoping one of you experts could solve this problem. Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt image creation problem.txt‎ (858 Bytes, 375 views)
File Type: log rebuilder.log‎ (3.2 KB, 434 views)
File Type: txt rebuilder ini.txt‎ (1.5 KB, 378 views)
MrLyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Why did you use DVD Rebuilder? There was no encoding required. For future reference, you might want to consider VobBlanker if all you are doing is blanking - the process is about 5 minutes with no prepare/encode/rebuild required.

To get an ISO made, make sure your PgcEdit is up to date. Save your DVD (Ctrl-S). This will overcome the apparent error in file sizes reported by mkisofs.

Then, get rid of all subfolders in the project folder (move them out) and click burn again.

Also, DVD Rebuilder makes ISOs (but not with 32k gaps) - see Rebuilder's file menu.

I will leave this thread here, as jdobbs will be interested in why mkisofs is reporting a file size error after a successful DVD Rebuilder rebuild. That is verrrrrrrrrrrrry strange.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Last edited by blutach; 12 Apr 2006 at 02:10 PM
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Is there some reason why you didn't just let DVD-RB create the ISO? That way no third party tools would be involved... also -- you say you "blanked out extras" -- did you do that with DVD Rebuilder or with another tool? I ask because this is a "movie and menus only" backup, which would (normally) have no extras included. Or is that what you mean when you mention blanking...
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote