Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18 Jan 2007, 10:49 AM   #1
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Default I don't wanna get smacked here ...

But I was wondering... what does DVD Rebuilder do that other programs do not? I read the "about ..rebuilder" today. And I am NOT sure if I "get it".
Maybe some hard core user can explain the pros and cons of the program?
I really want to learn. So far I have used the "one click" method. ripit4me/VTS/pgcedit/decrypter/shrink and then imgburn...

Can someone explain things one learning might want to know?
I did read this today http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=52156

Thank you

Jake

Last edited by JakeBlues; 18 Jan 2007 at 10:52 AM Reason: Spelling bee champ
JakeBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2007, 11:41 AM   #2
King of Digital Video
King of Digital Video

dvd rebuilder like shrink but it will keep the quality close to the original, take more time then shrink but it worth every penny
NightTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2007, 11:53 AM   #3
Not a god of digital video

It actually re-encodes the DVD from scratch with high quality MPEG encoders. The pro version also converts to Ipod format.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2007, 11:57 AM   #4
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

So let me ask this.. If I am Burning DVD-ROMs (Yes ohh great master I am learning-pats self on back) Will the rebuilder be of help since it isn't going on the DVD in Mpeg format?

Your a good man.. thanks

thank you.. I noticed your pic under your name has changed. Nice.
I can't get mine to show itself but I see it when I click my name under a heading. Dang

Last edited by blutach; 18 Jan 2007 at 12:00 PM
Old 18 Jan 2007, 11:59 AM   #5

Not sure I understand you? By DVD Roms, do you mean just ordinary files and not movie video files?

And, please stop multiple posting - use the edit button to add to your post. I have merged your posts (again).

Regards
Old 18 Jan 2007, 12:39 PM   #6
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Please explain "multiple posting" (and I will stop doing it). I assuse you I haven't posted this in any other place here. I am STILL learning Les, I promise you I'll behave.

Yes.. as to my understanding you can burn the movies in mpeg formats or dvd-rom and I was wondering if I am indeed burning dvd-roms (on dvd+r) and NOT mpegs (on dvd-r) if what you said about dvd-rebuilder will still hold true?

Thank you
================================================== ============================
So when I use ImgBurn and go to tools/drive/change book type/ set it for the next burn etc.. I am making a DVD-ROM? and I am not making one of the Mpeg movies I was doing that never played in my stand alone. Sorry I am a tad confused.

Last edited by JakeBlues; 18 Jan 2007 at 01:35 PM Reason: I am trying
Old 18 Jan 2007, 01:14 PM   #7

I meant, making a new post very soon after the old one as an addition to info. Just click the edit button to add info - you will see I have merged 2 of your posts into one. Nothing to worry about whatsoever.

DVDRB will take DVD Video files that are ripped to your hard drive and output them as DVD Video files (VOBs, IFOs and BUPs), not MPEGs. Optionally, you may also output them as IPOD compatible files (MP4).

You should note that VOBs are MPEG files, just rather special types.

But if you have just MPEG files (like things you have made in Windows Movie Maker, for example), DVDRB won't help you there. Just burn them to a DVD and play them on your PC (most standalones won't play them, however).

Regards
Old 18 Jan 2007, 11:26 PM   #8
Dan
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeBlues View Post

Yes.. as to my understanding you can burn the movies in mpeg formats or dvd-rom and I was wondering if I am indeed burning dvd-roms (on dvd+r) and NOT mpegs (on dvd-r) if what you said about dvd-rebuilder will still hold true?

Thank you
================================================== ============================
So when I use ImgBurn and go to tools/drive/change book type/ set it for the next burn etc.. I am making a DVD-ROM? and I am not making one of the Mpeg movies I was doing that never played in my stand alone. Sorry I am a tad confused.
Sounds like you are Bitsetting a DVD+R to a make a DVD-ROM in Imgburn. That's what you want to be doing, just remember you can only use bitsetting with the DVD+R (not DVD-R) in case you encounter some errors suddenly.

You can use ImgBurn with DVD Rebuilder, but you will have to use build mode for the video files.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2007, 05:53 AM   #9
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

YES! that is what I have been doing is bitsetting.. I just thought THAT was a "dvd-rom". But now I understand that I am getting the stand alone fooled into thinking that I am INDEED inserting a dvd-rom, even though it's not?

Thanks
Old 19 Jan 2007, 10:06 AM   #10

Correct.

Regards
Old 19 Jan 2007, 10:11 AM   #11
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Thank you Dan !!!
Thank you blutach! (Foster's NOW THAT"S Aussie for bier)

hehehe

Tip can at ya!