Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2006, 09:08 AM   #1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default ouput size is much smaller.

1. I notice that after running dvd rebuilder.. the output is stored only in the "work" directory...Nothing appears in the "output" directory even though i specify one.
2. The output in the work directory is less than 1GB...even though the original dvd folder is like 6+GB.. so i am thinking i am compromising on the quality...
3. I ran Folder2iso...and the resultant file is still under 1GB...

Am I doing somthing wrong??? can someone shed some light?
thanks
boonclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2006, 09:13 AM   #2
Gold Member
Gold Member

ok..it dint work...the output file on the work directory is corrupted and wont play...back to the drawing boards!!!
Old 11 Dec 2006, 09:43 AM   #3
Not a god of digital video

Are you running mobile processing? And have you clicked Rebuuild?

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2006, 06:07 PM   #4
BR7
He is coming to your little town!

I think you just hit encode and didn't bother to rebuild after it was done.You could use 1-click encoding it will do all the necessary steps for you.All you have to do is go to Mode and select 1 click encoding

My Blu-ray Collection

Last edited by BR7; 11 Dec 2006 at 11:40 PM
BR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2006, 10:22 PM   #5
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Post your log and your REBUILDER.INI. My guess would be that the encoding never took place -- that's usually caused by a bad path.

You're not, by chance, attempting to use the trial version of CCE Basic, are you? It can only output an M2V file of a limited size.

If ENCODE/REBUILD worked there would be a folder called DVDFILES in the output directory... Inside that folder would be the familiare AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11 Dec 2006 at 10:27 PM
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2006, 02:07 AM   #6
Gold Member
Gold Member

I tried it again...and once again..only output file is found in the work directory... i did use preview; encode and rebuild...and when i played the files in work...it gives me the following error when i click on 'play"...
"script error. there is no function named "mpeg2source"
C:work\d2vvassiv010030002003.line 5...."

I used ripit4m3.(thanks to blutah)..then dvdshrink with no problem...but wheni tried the rebuilder...i have problem...

Yes...i am using the CCE basic encoder.... should i use a different one? please indicate the link as well...thanks...
Old 12 Dec 2006, 03:28 AM   #7
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

You apparently didn't install using the DVD-RB Full installer, because it appears that DGDECODE.DLL isn't present (which includes the function "mpeg2source"0. I'd recommend you always use the installer -- that way you can ensure all the files are present.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 03:31 AM   #8
Gold Member
Gold Member

you are right!!! i reinstalled it using the installer..nice catch....i still shouldnt use the CCE encoder right?
Old 12 Dec 2006, 03:37 AM   #9
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

CCE Encoder is not a problem -- you can use CCE SP, CCE Basic, CCE SP2, or CCE SP Trial... but you can't use CCE Basic Trial -- because it has a frame limit in it's trial package.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 03:40 AM   #10
Gold Member
Gold Member

why am i using dvdrebuilder instead of dvdshrink again? it seems to take longer....and i was told the quality is better....is it? i am using the HC encoder under normal mode....
Old 12 Dec 2006, 03:43 AM   #11
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

It is very clearly much better quality, especially on larger and more challenging sources. But what you use is your choice. The two packages are aimed at different audiences. You have to decide which is more important to you personally, speed or quality. Those who say you can have both are (at least for now) misinformed. But with processor speeds getting faster -- the speed difference is shrinking every day. Some folks with dual processor setups report full reencodes taking as little as 40 minutes.

CCE is almost twice as fast as HC with similar quality levels.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12 Dec 2006 at 03:49 AM
Old 12 Dec 2006, 03:46 AM   #12
Gold Member
Gold Member

okey doky!!!
Old 12 Dec 2006, 09:51 AM   #13
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dunno....it took more than 2 hrs via dvd rebuilder using CCE basic encoder...(this is before converting the video files into iso) compared to like 25+ mins using dvdshrink... maybe i am doing something wrong...but...
Old 12 Dec 2006, 10:39 AM   #14
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

2hrs is about right... there's a huge difference between within-the-compressed-domain transcoding and actual MPEG2 encoding. Of course you have to mention that the 25 minute transcode also gives you some really nice special effects too -- like macroblocks and pixelation.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 11:10 AM   #15
Not a god of digital video

I use Procoder 2 , which is slow compared to CCE and get a movie encoded in 20% better than real time. I am sure if I used 3 pass CCE, spped would be faster still.

Take your pick boonclee - as jdobbs says, speed or quality.

Regards
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote