Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12 May 2006, 02:47 AM   #1

Default Problems with multiangle playback

It's been almost 2 months since I've purchased DVD-RB Pro and I have to say that I absolutely love it! However, there's one thing that bothers me and that is rebuilding of multiangle DVD's. I've found few threads about this situation but it seems its appearence is limited, I think most users don't experience these problems. When I play the encoded DVD and switch the angles, playback gets little desynchronised or 'choppy'(it freezes for a second and then resumes)which is not a case on the source DVD.

I've found some precautions how to avoid ILVU playback problems, like avoiding of: blanking segments, changing bitrate limits, changing the INF file, doing OPV. I havent done any of these but still the problem appears.

I've even formatted my HDD, wasted 1 system ID registration, used all the default settings and that didn't help too.

If I put the ILVU_Encoding=0 switch in rebuilder.ini everything's fine.

I really dont know how can my system differ that much from the others so almost noone is reporting this

I've got:

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
MSI K8N Diamond Plus
WD 200GB SATA-II
MSI NX7800GT
1GB DDR RAM Dual Channe
Windows XP SP2

I would appreciate if you can offer any kind of help finding a solution to this

Thank you forwardly
Ozzy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 08:38 AM   #2
Super Moderator

can you specify any title + region code?
UncasMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 09:11 AM   #3
Not a god of digital video

Might also be a media problem. How do you burn and with what?

If you play the files from DVDFILES on your software player, does it exhibit this behaviour?

But assuming something's wrong, can you please provide a set of IFOs from a "badly behaving" DVD.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2006, 05:07 AM   #4

@UncasMS

The problem appears on

Rammstein - Live Aus Berlin (concert DVD)
Region(s): All

I still have this original DVD(Purchased it from the UK).Its structure is 'extended', except for AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories in the root directory, there are some files too(I've found Quicktime3 install package,Macromedia application which is a part from a fancontest (a trivia game) and plus additional Xtras directory.

However, when I rip the DVD (DVD Decrypter and/or DVDFab Decrypter)only AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS get transfered on the HDD, which is expectable. I don't know if this kind of DVD structure can have anything to do with the problem.When I play the ripped DVD everything is normal.

@blutach

I'm always playing the DVDFILES with PowerDVD before I make the ISO image, the problem occurs there too, so media problem is excluded. I'm uploading the set of IFO files of the encoded DVD
Attached Files
File Type: zip IFO_files.zip‎ (96.3 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by Ozzy20; 13 May 2006 at 05:12 AM
Ozzy20 is offline   Reply With Quote