Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26 Nov 2006, 08:24 AM   #1
If you have any poo....throw it now

Default Rebuilder + Procoder2 Oversize

Ok. I have looked relentlessly for the last three days and cannot seem to fix the sizing issue.

I just put together a new Pc and installed all of my fave software. Rebuilder of course one of the first Anyhow, I have ripped Ice Age 2 (7.38G) and am trying to do a complete backup. Everything runs fine until I see the resulting ISO size...my first try was 4.67G, and after a few uninstalls and default setting later, I got 4.75G last night. I am running multiple encoder processes with an E6600 Core2 Duo and 2GB of RAM.

I have never needed to, or tried to change my target sectors before. Everything was default on my old pc, as is with the new one.

Here is my log from the last attempt, and also my Rebuilder.ini.

Any suggestions? I don't think I am trying to fit too much onto a single disc. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: log rebuilder.log‎ (22.1 KB, 299 views)
File Type: txt Rebuilder.txt‎ (1.6 KB, 280 views)

Furiousg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2006, 11:38 AM   #2
Not a god of digital video

This is the one with the thousands of buttons in hundreds of PGCs right?

You may be running into a sitch where there is a minimum BR to encode all those menu PGCs, which is taking it oversize....except it doesn't appear you are doing any menu encoding.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2006, 03:11 PM   #3

I added Targetsectors=2265000 to the ini to try on the off chance that something is skewed. But when I got home the resulting iso was 987MB LOL Apparently they are sticky with all those digits, and 226500 is a little small

I am running it through again (with the proper ini settings) and will be back soon I am sure

Thanks for looking in Blu.

ps...should I enable menu encoding? what would I gain/lose by doing so??
Old 26 Nov 2006, 03:28 PM   #4

2265 followed by THREE zeros might help LOL

But this will oversize it more.

Have you tried the beta veiwer?

Can't hurt to try menu encoding.

Regards
Old 26 Nov 2006, 04:32 PM   #5

2265000 would be larger?? Oops again. I thought that was the default. What is the default sectors??

It came out at a more reasonable size, 4.45...but still too large.

Also, intermittently I get a " the settings of this preset are invalid ", I click ok and then it continues. BUT..this has happened on different sections each time, and on some attempts does not happen at all!!

*edit* I have looked into the beta viewer, and everything looks good. The output size is "within limits" at 4.31G. I think you may be right about all the buttons and menu's not being compressable anymore??

I will give it a go with menu encoding enabled once I find what the default number of sectors are supposed to be.

Last edited by Furiousg; 26 Nov 2006 at 04:34 PM
Old 27 Nov 2006, 07:15 AM   #6
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Default is 2236400.

I picked up Ice Age 2 earlier today and I'm testing it now. There was an update to the beta version (v1.20.x) that may affect this:

Quote:
- Added support for writing several new output formats. Generally for MOBILE encoding (such as iPod), DVD-RB can now output MP4, AVI, and other video and audio formats. The capability should be considered as BETA TEST status (to identify bugs) only in this version. A new "MOBILE (iPod) Output" option can now be set under the "Mode" menu. urrently DVD-RB Pro uses FFMPEG (included in the installer) to create the output using XviD, H264, and a large spectrum of other possible video/audio formats (via FFMPEG). FFMPEG is a fast and powerful video format encoder that is provided under the GNU Public License Agreement. Read the file "License.txt" for more information. Support for other encoders may be included in future versions.

- Corrected a processing problem during the PREPARE phase for "Movie-Only" encodes. The problem could cause PREPARE to take significantly more time than is necessary.

- Added code to test and correct for corrupt streams in which garbage are at the start of a cell, and are followed by the orphaned remains of a GOP. This condition has been seen to cause incorrect writes of frame flags and the error condition "Corrupt Stream Detected" during REBUILD.

- Made adjustments to the sizing algorithm in order to prevent oversizing on oddly formatted DVDs that have huge numbers of very small segments.

- Corrected a bug in which ILVU segments might receive a lessor bitrate than they should based upon the analysis.

- Updated the calling/checking mechanisms used to invoke encoders. This should make the processing more robust as well as (slightly) improve encode times.

- Made several changes to the way the PREPARE phase records information.

- Other minor and cosmetic changes.

Last edited by jdobbs; 27 Nov 2006 at 07:17 AM
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2006, 08:53 AM   #7
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Well, a double-dumb-ass on me. I just finished the encode, and was about to post about how it went fine. Then I decided to look at it... uhhh... I had just encoded X-Men 3 (again)... duh. I've just started over with the right disc.

Old 27 Nov 2006, 02:54 PM   #8
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

I finished testing with v1.20.x and it came out perfectly sized (4.32GB).

[Edit] This was on Ice Age 2, NTSC, Region 1

Last edited by jdobbs; 27 Nov 2006 at 10:55 PM
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:41 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousg View Post
Also, intermittently I get a " the settings of this preset are invalid ", I click ok and then it continues. BUT..this has happened on different sections each time, and on some attempts does not happen at all!!
Is this an eclpro error with Procoder ???
techreactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:05 PM   #10

I didn't realize that the 1.20 was a complete install! I thought it was just an add-on.
I have installed it over top of everything else, configured my encoder locations and am running a prepare right now to try this baby out again.
and I agree jdobbs...it did work very well with X3

@Tech
Yes. Intermittently when Procoder is opening another segment this error pops up...I then click ok and it continues as if there were no problems ?? It happens on a different piece each time. Sometimes in the first 5 minutes, sometimes an hour in. I have read up a bit on the error, but haven't come across anything more helpful than just reinstall suggestions. ( which I have done multiple times )
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:27 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousg View Post
@Tech
Yes. Intermittently when Procoder is opening another segment this error pops up...I then click ok and it continues as if there were no problems ?? It happens on a different piece each time. Sometimes in the first 5 minutes, sometimes an hour in. I have read up a bit on the error, but haven't come across anything more helpful than just reinstall suggestions. ( which I have done multiple times )
I guess its not effecting the final encode and the results, so must be a script problem by eclpro then.
techreactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2006, 08:05 PM   #12

Never seen the issue - touch wood, never will

Regards
Old 28 Nov 2006, 10:24 PM   #13
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

I'm clueless as to what may be causing it. But I'm pretty sure it's associated with ECLPRO. In fact, the reason I'd upgraded the installer to include ECLPRO RC1 was because it was supposed to fix it. DVD-RB doesn't actually do anything releated to ProCoder "presets". It just sets up the ECL and passes it to ECLPRO. It's weird that it only rarely happens on select computers. What version of ProCoder are you using? Maybe that has something to do with it...
Old 29 Nov 2006, 03:11 AM   #14

Procoder 2.0.4.xx something I believe. I am at work and cannot remember the entire version number.
I found a couple posts elsewhere indicating that some users have encountered different problems with the newest Quicktime version. I am not sure which version I had installed on the old pc and would have to check.

I don't see it being related to rebuilder at all, but I also don't see where I could have changed a Procoder "local preset" I have left everything default.

btw...I encoded last night with 1.20.xx beta to try....4.39GB this morning
Old 29 Nov 2006, 03:48 AM   #15
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Is your's the NTSC version? If so it doesn't make sense that it would size differently for you than for me -- unless you've changed the target size.