Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2006, 05:31 AM   #1

Default Setting up Procoder

I just got dvd rebuilder. It seems like I have everything setup up right. I use mastering quality on all backups. Should it take around 12 hours per backup, even if use multiple encoder processes is checked? Here is my elcpro.ini file>>
[Options]
Delay=0
Pause=10
Priority=0
Minimize=1
NoPathWarn=0
Procoder=C:\Program Files\Canopus\ProCoder 2\Procoder2.exe
[Quality]
Quality=4
AlwaysGOP15=1
AutoParameters=1
[Debug]
StrictGOPBrateControl=0
Legacy=0
Does anyone recommened changing anything to produce a better quality backup? I just want to make sure it really does take this long and if I am using ok settings to produce good quality backups. thanks
youthinksoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2006, 07:09 AM   #2
Super Moderator

what are your machine specs?
UncasMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2006, 07:09 AM   #3

By the way, my PC specs are the following>>

INTEL(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
2.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
Old 26 Jun 2006, 01:20 PM   #4
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

Based on you specs I'd say something is wrong... I would have guessed it would have taken more like about 3 hours on that machine. But all I have to compare against is my Athlon XP 3200. If you tell me the name of the disc I can see how long it takes on mine.

Are you close to full on the disc you are using, or is it badly fragmented? Disc issues are the most common cause of slower than expected speeds.

Last edited by jdobbs; 26 Jun 2006 at 01:23 PM
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2006, 03:00 PM   #5

Now I am getting really frustrated. I am doing Munich. Procoder encodes for like 4 hours then Hangs on 97.1% and completely stops!!! I don't know what the hack is going on. I'll include the log, although it prolly won't help any. I use mastering quality and always Movie and menus only mode. I also always use menu shrink with every movie. This is very frustarting! I hope you guys will be able to help me.
Attached Files
File Type: log rebuilder.log‎ (1.6 KB, 338 views)

Last edited by youthinksoo; 26 Jun 2006 at 03:10 PM
Old 26 Jun 2006, 07:21 PM   #6

Hi all

There could be many reasons why your pc is slow here are a few tips:

Make sure DMA is enabled for your HDD and DVD writer.

While encoding turn off programes running in the background like your firewall, antivirus and adware progs. (turn off everything that is not needed while encoding)

When encoding just leave the pc alone doing other tasks when encoding will slow down your encoding times (that includes using the internet)

Before you start encoding do the following (not in order)

do a disc clean up
defrag your HDD
scan for viruses and adware
use a registry cleaner to clean your registry

With your PC specs it should take you between 4 - 5 hours

I hope this is of some help to you

Goodluck

Pazzini

EDIT: Make sure there is no dirt scratches or fingerprints on your disc.

Last edited by Pazzini; 26 Jun 2006 at 07:24 PM
Pazzini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2006, 03:59 PM   #7

I will try it again and see how it goes
Old 28 Jun 2006, 08:49 AM   #8

ok,

I think I am starting to narrow down my problem. About 97.1% into encoding another movie I get an error message saying. Waning Invaild pariameters. Does that have anything to do with setting it up when installing Rebuilder Pro? Maybe I selected a wrong option. What should I selected when the ask me the few yes and no questions in the beginning?

Last edited by youthinksoo; 28 Jun 2006 at 08:53 AM
Old 28 Jun 2006, 02:27 PM   #9

I am sorry. The message that pops up says that THE SETTINGS OF THIS PRESET are Invaild. what does that have to do with?
Old 28 Jun 2006, 05:14 PM   #10

I am so frustrated. I spent 500 dollars on PRO CODER 2 and I cannot get it to work on my pc. usually if I have any problems related to dvd backup I can come here and get answers. I guess I can't blame anyone because I am sure hardly any of you use this software with your dvds. In frustration, I tried to start over. I un-installed Pro Coder 2, however I did it in a bad way. I went to add or remove programs to do it. Now when I put the disk in back to re-install it wants to remove the older version since I did it a different way it doesn't reciginize it as removed so the installer shuts down and won't reinstall it. So now I see no other way to fix this besides reformatting the entire computer. Even if I am able to do that I will probibly be stuck right with my previous problem. If any can please give me a quick step by step guide to run rebuilder with Pro Coder 2. I would be very greatful. I have invested a lot of money in this software and am desperately trying to get it to work. thank you
Old 28 Jun 2006, 05:28 PM   #11
Not a god of digital video

2 things to try before re-installing - do a system restore or get rid of Procoder from the add/remove progs registry. TweakUi can help with this.

You did nothing wrong by using add/remove programs.

Normally, you just install it (with Quiktime 6 Pro and above - this is needed) and you are right to go after pointing ECLPro to it.

I'm afraid that's all I can say. I have never had a problem.

Should problems persist, you have paid money for this software and are entitled to tech support from Canopus.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2006, 06:18 PM   #12

Thanks Blu for the fast reply! I will try it out. I was wondering what I have to do to get it set up with rebuilder once I get Procoder installed again. Pointing it to elc file. and building some kind of folder? When those yes or no questions pop up what do you reccomened on selecting?
Old 28 Jun 2006, 06:20 PM   #13
Super Moderator

probably a registry entry stopping it from re-installing, back-up registry, search it for procoder and/or canopus, delete related entries

anonymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2006, 06:26 PM   #14
Not a god of digital video

When you install DVD Rebuilder, it will go to Professional encoders (CCE) setup. Just check on Procoder 2 and continue on with the install.

Eclpro has an ini file where you can set things like quality - but it is easy to do this in Rebuilder (set mastering quality). There are other settings like forcing closed gop etc. Just run eclpro.exe to set these. Read the readme.procoder 2.txt file

Regards

Last edited by blutach; 28 Jun 2006 at 06:34 PM
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2006, 06:30 PM   #15

Alright,

Thank you very much Blu and anonymez. I will do all the things you have suggested. Hopefully all goes well.