X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

My apologizes MBK I tend to leave out stuff when I get excited about things.I should of told you to read the COMODO forums first it's chalked full of useful information.I don't like to force things on anyone I just like to offer an opinion here and there I totally respect your decision on sticking with ZA I am just about ready to go 100% COMODO for my protection being my Trend Micro is about ready to run out.I figured why pay for it when I can get just as good protection with COMODO

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ MBK ... What do you use for your "Disk Clean-Up"?

@ SRC ... Where did you download the freeware "JV16 1.3.0.195"? I want to sownload it from a "SAFE" site.

Thanks,
      G!

Comment

• MikeyBK
        Digital Video Maniac
        • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
        I should of told you to read the COMODO forums first it's chalked full of useful information.
        I will look it up, they may very well discuss some of the issues I experienced..

Originally Posted by gonwk
        @ MBK ... What do you use for your "Disk Clean-Up"?
        If this is what you're asking, then here's a screenshot of how to get to Disk Cleanup...
        Attached Files
        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
        Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
        ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
        XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
        Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
        Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
        *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
        *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• MikeyBK
          Digital Video Maniac
          • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
          read the COMODO forums first it's chalked full of useful information. I am just about ready to go 100% COMODO for my protection being my Trend Micro is about ready to run out.
          Hope you don't experience the issues that many on that forum, and myself experienced bro...
          Read quite of bit, and seen similar issues to mine but surprised there were no clear resolutions given...

Anyways, good luck with Comodo BR7...
          MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Hi MBK,

I thought may be you were using a "special" program for Disk CleanUp ...

But you know I have never used this feature of the Windows ... Thanks for reminding me is there.

Thanks,
            G!

Comment

• src2206
              • Jan 2007

Hello gownk

I suggest that you CleanUp 4.52 [free] for Disk Cleanup and I think I had downloaded the jv16 freeware version from Majorgeek.

Let me know whether you get it there, otherwise I will rummage through my collection and see whether I can dig up the installer.

Hello MBK,
              Sad to hear that you had issues with Comodo....and I do not want to force any thing on you as BR7, but I still wish that you may find the beauty of this program sometime latter.

BTW, the SVCHOST caution from Comodo is perfect, in your case this file was initiated by some other program which could be a malware, that is why Comodo cautioned you, but SVCHOSTS>EXE itself is a legitimate file, so it was marked as safe.
              Last edited by src2206; 14 Jul 2007, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

If people find using COMODO causes their CPU Usage to go to 50%-100% no worries there is an easy fix until the next version comes out.
                Solution-1
                Go to Activity/Logs Right Click then select Log Events From and uncheck Network Monitor.If that dont work for you then here is ....
                Solution-2
                Select Security/Advanced then select the Configure button in the Application Behavior Analysis box and uncheck MDI(Monitor DLL Injection).Reboot twice and you should be good to go
                Last edited by BR7; 14 Jul 2007, 03:10 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• MikeyBK
                  Digital Video Maniac
                  • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by src2206
                  BTW, the SVCHOST caution from Comodo is perfect, in your case this file was initiated by some other program which could be a malware, that is why Comodo cautioned you, but SVCHOSTS>EXE itself is a legitimate file, so it was marked as safe.
                  It wasn't so much that they may have cautioned you that a possible malware was using svchost.exe as a cover, but that Comodo cautioned me that so and so was using it, so I denied it access, but then it is listed in the programs control as 'safe'??? Thenh when I do allow it afterall since it is now considered safe by Comodo, Comodo again flags it, but as another possible malware usage, then afterwards it again shows it as safe????.
                  MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ SRC ... long time no talk ...

1) THANKS for the "CleanUp 4.52" tip.

2) FYI I downloaded "jv16-1.3.0.195" the Last Freeware edition from (Freeware_321download) ... I could NOT get it at MajorGeeks ... they only have the "Shareware" now ... AND I am not sure about how "SAFE" is downloading from "321Download" site!?!?
                    Q: Has anybody downloaded anything from there? If so, what is your experience SAFE or Un-Safe???

@ ALL ... has anybody Tried other Freeware by COMODO ... such as their "AntiVirus" or "AntiSpam" ...???

THANKS,

G!
                    Last edited by gonwk; 15 Jul 2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• src2206
                      • Jan 2007

Hello G!

Great to hear from you [BTW, didn't you get my last PM regarding DVD **** Pro? I never received a reply though :?]

Did you try to see the analysis report of the site at McAfee Site Advisor? There is another very good site which stores all the back version of a program : www.filehippo.com, and it is a completely clean site. Check it out there too.

The AV from Comomdo is at BETA stage, but the Anti Spam and Comodo BO Clean are good products. Though the AV is in Beta stage it performed pretty well when tested by one of my known provate tester. So you can use it. But I think that you must have a AV installed! Which one is it and why do you want to change.

I tried all the Comodo Products, all of those are good except the iVault, as it is not compatible with FF, but the Firewall is the best.

Regards

EDIT:

Hi G!

I checked out McAfee Database..the site from where you downloaded jv16 is a safe site...so cheers
                      Last edited by src2206; 16 Jul 2007, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

I am using CFW V3 BETA ALPHA and it's a far cry better the CFW V2.They seemed to have gotten the CPU usage issue fixed.I like the new look as well
                        Attached Files

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@SRC ... Thanks for taking the time and checking on my download ... now I learned 2 things from you ...

1) Checking viability of a Download Site from McAfee list ... I have never done it so I have to practice this and learn it.

2) You memory jogger about "FileHippo" ... I had downloaded something from there but plum forgot about it.

Talk to you later,

G!

Comment

• src2206
                            • Jan 2007

Happy to help you G!

1) Checking viability of a Download Site from McAfee list ... I have never done it so I have to practice this and learn it.
                            Just install McAfee site advisor's free version and its add on for Mozilla Firefox browser and let it operate in its default setting.

Cheers...

Comment

• gonwk
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2005

Hi SRC,

THANKS!!! The guy is facing the wrong direction ... sorry!

G!
                              Last edited by gonwk; 20 Jul 2007, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Dan
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Dec 2005

Hey BR7, finally got to see that pic of CFW 3 BETA ALPHA, new interface looks good, and by the sounds of it works great too. Thanks for the post!

Comment

Working...