• Jun 2007

it may be useful for security fields..

Comment

• snagel
      • Apr 2006

re:MilesAhead

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
      Hmmmmmmmm I notice SE hasn't had any updates in a while. So I
      guess I have to go to 2007 like it or not? Yet another app that was working perfectly in XP and Vista.. If it ain't broke....
      I don't know why you say that is hasn't had any updates in a while. I continue to receive updates all the time on my SE version. I just received another one just a couple of days ago. I've read and read this post several times and watched to see when mine stops receiving updates. I've continued to receive updates ever since this post was first written. ???

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by snagel
        I don't know why you say that is hasn't had any updates in a while. I continue to receive updates all the time on my SE version. I just received another one just a couple of days ago. I've read and read this post several times and watched to see when mine stops receiving updates. I've continued to receive updates ever since this post was first written. ???
        Are you running the Free SE or paid version?
        If I could go back to SE Free I'd do it right now.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Hmmmmmmmmm I just installed and got an update. Don't know what happened but for weeks it wouldn't update from the server. I finally gave up and put 2007 on. In any case I may pull 2007 off my XP machine since it wants to run as yet another service, and put 1.06 back on. Thanks for lettin' me know.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Whoops!!! Back to same old same old.... 15 to 20 attempts at an update and it hangs or returns error. Not worth the aggravation!

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

snagel, I just installed Ad-Aware 2007 v 7.0.1.5 that I downloaded Aug 1. It completed an update and a Smart Scan on Vista. The previous version would trap after the scan every time. Also I saw someone on a Lavasoft forum say the newest version works in Vista so this must be it. They won't release the official Vista supported version until end of August but it looks like they found the bug.

Comment

• snagel
                • Apr 2006

re MilesAhead

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
                Are you running the Free SE or paid version?
                If I could go back to SE Free I'd do it right now.
                MilesAhead I am using the SE version. I have been receiving updates as frequent as I used to. My last update was on the 6th of August. Once in a great while it returns and say unable to connect. But I just repeat and try it again and it does connect.

Comment

• snagel
                  • Apr 2006

MilesAhead mine has never trapped or hung after a scan. Everything seems to work the same as it used to on mine.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

oh well

Originally Posted by snagel
                    MilesAhead mine has never trapped or hung after a scan. Everything seems to work the same as it used to on mine.
                    It was definitely a Vista UI thing. Maybe one of my settings is different or you have a patch I don't or whatnot. I'm a believer in running Windows the way it was preinstalled for the most part. Rather than incremental updates
                    I tend to go for Service Pack or Nuthin'. Seems like the fixes get tested a bit more when they put out a pack, or at least time has gone by so they get bug reports. In any case, the new version is working for me so I'm glad to have AdAware back in my toolbox.

Comment

• BR7
                      He is coming to your little town!
                      • Aug 2005

CFP v3.0.7.208 Beta for XP/Vista x32 and x64 is now available! Link
                      You need to be signed up in the forum to download it.This version has most of it features running unlike the last one.This version does not have the constant pop ups like the last version(you don't even know it's running).I highly recommend you do the profiling when it asks you

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• src2206
                        • Jan 2007

Thanks BR7 for the link.

Still I would prefer to wait till it comes out of the beta stage.

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

BR7 for the LINK.

G!

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

It's not often that I am impressed with a relatively new program in this field, but I tried one out today and it's got spybot and adaware beat by a country mile.

In my opinion it's probably worth paying for the upgrade to PRO and dumping some other real time protection, but since I don't use any(live dangerously/lean and mean and all that)?

SUPERAntiSpyware protects you from malware, ransomware & spyware. Start your free trial today & remove Spyware, Rootkits, Adware, Viruses & More!

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

this associated service to find out what's running on your computer seems top-notch also

KODE4D hadir sebagai pusatnya situs slot pulsa tahun 2024 dengan winrate kemenangan dijamin paling tertinggi hari ini. Bisa deposit pulsa tanpa potongan 100% terpercaya!

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

well has anyone given these 2 a try and how did it come out, clean as a whiistle?

Comment

Working...