X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

I just got an e-mail from some efgh605 to this thread. Was the post deleted? What's up?
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

some guy blasted thru here and had 9 posts spamming some chinese pharmaceutical firm?

I didn't bother with babelfish

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

spamming some chinese pharmaceutical firm
        He probably was of the impression that this forum is in dire need of a dose of Ginseng ?
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

I think these services can be killed in msconfig. I think I remember Ed posting them. I couldn't find the post. ehtray, igfxtray, hkcmd, igfxpers. If this is correct can someone let me know. Thnx. I think that hkcmd should be left alone. Not sure though.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

This entry has information about the Windows startup entry named hkcmd that points to the hkcmd.exe file. Please visit this result for more detailed information about this program.

This entry has information about the Windows startup entry named ehTray that points to the ehtray.exe file. Please visit this result for more detailed information about this program.

I have gotten Grinler(owner of Bleeping) to change a few of these, no luck with the packet writting apps, sometimes the security community is just plain ignorant, I guess we shouldn't be burning so many dvd's

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

ok. so hkcmd and ehtray are valid proggies but up to us to disable or not. the others then could be disabled cause of no significant importance? thnx.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

turn them all off, if something breaks that you need then turn it back on

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  turn them all off, if something breaks that you need then turn it back on
                  I'm going to use msconfig to turn them off. I don't know what bleeping means by display properties in control panel. couldn't find it.

Comment

• paglamon
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Aug 2005

I don't know what bleeping means by display properties in control panel. couldn't find it.
                    Same as Right-click on an unused space on Desktop and selecting Properties that brings up the Display Properties window. Here, go to Settings/Advanced and you will find the Intel Graphics.
                    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

i guess once you disable them in misconfig it won't let you turn off the hotkey functions in settings/advanced intel graphics. i unchecked it but when i went to check it again it was checked off. they were however still disabled in msconfig. any input?

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

I noticed my XP machine had hkcmd.exe running. Thought I turned it off before. The PC has Intel graphics. I right-clicked on the desktop and seleted Graphics Options=>Hotkeys and Disabled. hkcmd.exe didn't go away when I logged off and on so I added it to my
                        Aiglon Process Killer for now. I'll worry about how to kill it "the right way" later.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2007

to hell w/this. i googled all over w/mixed results. my final answer given was that the other 3 or even hkcmd were part of the os containing library files. they can be disabled but if need will turn back on. Miles if you could figure out wth these things actually do, spread the word.

@Chewy. I don't know what you meant by>I have gotten Grinler(owner of Bleeping) to change a few of these, but by now it's either a mood point or a speck of dirt in the grand scheme of things. Lol...

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

I have found a few mistakes in theiir database

it's a very subjective one

Comment

• dr_ml422
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2007

Yeah I hear you. like my old friend says,"they have all the answers, just forgot the question." I've seen packet writing in many of the apps. you're talking about. gotta google what it is. most of the fellas i know who also burn videos didn't know themselves. they've been at it longer than me also. What's the link between them and the security community? i thought it was a feature of the apps. unless you were alluding to bleeping as the community in question.

Well here's what my friend google just told me:

Packet writing is an optical disc recording technology used to allow write-once and rewritable CD and DVD media to be used in a similar manner to a floppy disk from within the operating system, i.e., it allows users to create, modify, and delete files and directories on demand without the need to burn a whole disc. Packet writing technology achieves this by writing data in incremental blocks rather than in a single block. The most common file system for packet writing systems is the UDF format.

Deleting files and directories of a disc using packet writing technology does not recover the space occupied by these objects but are simply marked as being deleted. Similarly, changes to files cause new instances to be created instead of replacing the original files. Because of this, the available space on a media using packet writing technology will slowly diminish every time its content is modified. If the disc is rewritable, the full capacity of the disc can be recovered by formatting the media (which also permanently deletes all files and directories form the disc).

Due to the characteristics of optical rewritable media such as CD-RWs and DVD-RWs, the ability of data sectors to hold their contents wear out by changing them frequently (since re-crystallized alloy de-crystallizes). To cope with this the packet writing system can remap bad sectors with good sectors as required. These bad sectors cannot be recovered by formatting the media.
                              Last edited by dr_ml422; 4 Sep 2008, 02:29 PM. Reason: xtra info:

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

google incd and directcd

Comment

Working...