Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

The arrows are on the left of the "report" button Jo.

Click on memory read and the "refresh" arrows will turn green. Click on it and it will begin.

Same for write and latency.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• a2j3
      If it aint broke, don't fix it
      • Feb 2006

Hello Blu

Thank You Blu. Will do. Thank You 2 everyone helping me with this problem. I greatly appreciate it.
      sigpic

Comment

• a2j3
        • Feb 2006

Hello Blu

I think I did this right not sure. lol

Report Benchmark Read.txt

Report Benchmark Write.txt

Report Benchmark Latency.txt
        sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Memory looks fine, memtest is better but a real pain, let us know if the fan pointing into case has any effect, might be software but it seemed you had covered those bases already?

Do a scan disk(fix errors) and then a defrag

Comment

• a2j3
            • Feb 2006

Hello Chewy

Ran avast virus and it picked up a virus and moved it 2 vault. Also did updates I was not aware of yet, everything is back 2 normal. Programs open much faster, surfing the web alot faster and log on and log off no longer shows any errors at all. I'm still going to run defrag and scan disc 2day. The way my computer is set up I would have 2 unplug everything and set it in the floor. Not possible at this point. Thank u chewy and everyone 4 all of ur help. Going 2 put a bigger fan in cp.
            sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

just in case you have a nasty trojan, after updating your anti-malware programs, disconnect from internet and boot into safe mode and do your scans

Comment

• a2j3
                • Feb 2006

Hello Chewy

Thank You Chewy and will do. I have the new microsoft malicious malware installed is that good enough or do I need something else?? I used 2 use adaware se personal, but was not very satisfied with it, because I also have aol spyware watcher and it would pick up things adaware would miss. Ur opinion's r greatly appreciated as well as others.
                sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

Here's the problem, too many cooks spoiling the broth.

I have had 3 computers that got hosed by aol security running on top of my standard spybot and norton's av. For aol computers I just let aol take them totally over and give the owner's the safe hex argument.

My favorite 3 programs, norton's AV, spybot and trojan hunter have developed
                  some fatal conflicts as each has expanded their protection. This has been compounded by MS's entry into the kitchen. I have been running the beast for over 6 months with no active protection.

By all means use spybot and trojan hunter(30 day trial) but make sure they don't load at boot up. No scan seems to work worth a darn from regular mode anymore as the guys wearing black hats have learned to "stealth" their
                  malware, as Anony said Vigilance is the best protection.

Comment

• a2j3
                    • Feb 2006

Hello Chewy

I don't use all of aol security, just the spyware, because it conflicts with cox high speed security suite. I'm not very impressed with aol and not very impressed with cox security suite either at the moment. I will go do as u suggested. Will let u know the results. Thanx again chewy.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

free fully functional 30 day trial, download and update

do a full scan

reboot into safe mode and do a full scan

Comment

• a2j3
                        • Feb 2006

Hello Chewy

Downloaded spybot and really like it alot. Found 29 spyware/malware on my computer. No more viruses. Everything looks good 2 go. Thanks again 4 everyones help.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

just make sure that you turn off spybot protection before installing any programs, I'd use it just to scan

Comment

Working...