X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I am going to go back using 1 Core not having the ability to monitor my temps makes me very nervous

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• l8nights
      DD folding team
      • Jun 2005

BR7 have you showed any sign's of instability?

I've never heard of anyone having no ability to monitor the temps even on branded systems. what system are you using? have you checked the manufacturers website for a bios update?

I'm still puzzled on that one.
      The future doesn't just happen its created through our actions or inactions~ today!

Comment

• volfann
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Jun 2006

I'm finally at 75% on that Gromacs core . Temps have settled down some ,but still using 106 megs on memory.
        My dual core probably would have handled it better than this hyperthreaded one . Has a much better cooling system.
        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

I am sorry guys but I have been losing work units & I don't know why? Work units 6 & 7 I think I might have an idea but I am not sure. I just had work unit 8 going for 12 hours straight & I go check it & all of a sudden, I have a completely new work unit going! No sign of the other one even in program files. Now I saved up to a certain point, what would happen if I copied that file back in to the F@H work file?

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

@soup - Are you copying the whole F@H folder? I think just running the console from the backup folder should bring ya back to the point where ya backed it up.

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

I am copying the whole folder but I am thinking if I do that with the current work unit going, it might screw things up again. Okay I have 2 drives, I just restarted the work unit #8 that I saved on my e drive. The current work unit that is on my c drive, I have halted for now. My ? is can I run the 2 work units at the same time to at least try to salvage the saved one until it's done & then go back to just one work unit at a time. I hope you get the gist of what I mean here because right now I don't know what else to do?
              Last edited by soup; 21 Aug 2006, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by l8nights
                BR7 have you showed any sign's of instability?

I've never heard of anyone having no ability to monitor the temps even on branded systems. what system are you using? have you checked the manufacturers website for a bios update?

I'm still puzzled on that one.
                I have the Dell E510 my old Dell 2400 did the same thing.And My bios are up to dateThe only temp I can monitor is my HD temp
                Last edited by BR7; 21 Aug 2006, 06:00 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                  I have the Dell E510 my old Dell 2400 did the same thing.And My bios are up to dateThe only temp I can monitor is my HD temp
                  With PC Wizard 2006, it shows CPU and HDD temp on my Dell laptop

Comment

• BR7
                    • Aug 2005

I tried PCW06 as well I get the same result as I did with Everest just the HD temp

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                      I tried PCW06 as well I get the same result as I did with Everest just the HD temp
                      Hmmm, must not be recognizing the CPU for some reason...I dunno

I finally got the Gromac 2124 20000000 WU done and got 396 points, whew a long time for my AMD box. I got another Gromac, 2080 500000 a 7A core this time, 226 points started at 01:43 today by the log, at 44% now

Comment

• GOL
                        Just trying to help
                        • Jun 2005

It will also Dump so Work Units if they had a DEADLINE..that wasn't met

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

When I restarted it, it said the core was improperly shutdown. I think that might have been the EM111. Anyway because it has probably been given to somebody else should I just not bother, shut it down & delete it. I don't think there would have been that fast a deadline because I only got it the day before.

Edit: I as a plain ordinary member would like to know why more members have not joined the team? We need you & so do the people suffering from these diseases also the people who are going to suffer from them. If you can please join.
                          Last edited by soup; 22 Aug 2006, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• volfann
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2006

I started another 75 hour BEAST this morning...
                            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
                              I started another 75 hour BEAST this morning...
                              I think , I just got a 300 hour monster for the PIII 733MHZ Lil box that could . Another gromac, a 250000 WU worth 600 points...about 3 hrs 15 min per step so far but ah, what the heck the puter don't burn much juice

Comment

• soup
                                Just Trying To Help
                                • Nov 2005

You will get it done jm1647 & that's all that counts.

Comment

Working...