X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

The Gromacs got to me though, unit2 is 25% in & it is still going to be 3 days +. Every second is for a good cause though & that's all that matters.

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

Yipppeeee just got done WU 2409, a 600 pointer on the PIII and picked up another 600 pointer WU 2414 on it. Gonna be a while again but all for the cause

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

I got back to getting busy I just got one done the other day. I have two going now one is 63% done and my other one is 31% done.I am thinking of dumping my Windows XP MCE and go with linux Ubuntu 64-bit PC Edition I had an old ubuntu disc but it said it may be out of date and it wont load on my PC so I am waiting for the new disc to come in the mail and I am going to see how it works using the live CD
        Last edited by BR7; 4 Sep 2006, 04:47 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

latest ubuntu is 6.06.1 (August, 10th)

you dont have broadband access, br7?
          Last edited by UncasMS; 4 Sep 2006, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• BR7
            He is coming to your little town!
            • Aug 2005

I don't have DSL as of yet it's not available where I am and I refuse to pay $600 for satellite equipment. It may not be much longer its seems my satellite provider DishNetwork has a deal with earthlink to provide it's customers with high speed and the price of the equipment will be waived if you commit to them for a year.I hope I got the up to date Ubuntu I got it from here so I am thinking it should be.Plus I want to make sure I can connect to the internet with my isp I found a program called pengaol that should work ok from what I have been reading
            Last edited by BR7; 4 Sep 2006, 10:01 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LowET499
              • Aug 2006

I would like to start off by saying thank you to all the regs. I have enjoyed my progress from, knowing nothing, to knowing a lil bit, then feeling like I can find problems on my own.....to a point..... I am very happy all of you have taken the time to post and help others achieve the knowledge. This is my first post and I will try and be an active member of the forum. I love RipIt4Me. I do have a few questions though. That is for another day though. I am currently trying to decide if I should join this folding team. I also am trying to do the quiz and keep up with that. I hope all is well with you and yours.

LowET499

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

"joining" isnt much work - just type in a number *g*

maybe you could better ask yourself:
                "when will i be able/willing to let my computer fold a little bit"

every little helps, so dont waste time asking yourself - give it a try

Comment

• volfann
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
                  I don't have DSL as of yet it's not available where I am and I refuse to pay $600 for satellite equipment. It may not be much longer its seems my satellite provider DishNetwork has a deal with earthlink to provide it's customers with high speed and the price of the equipment will be waived if you commit to them for a year.
                  I guess I am spoiled. been on cable for several years now. i feel for anyone still stuck with dial up. I'm lucky to have cable connection living in such a small backwater town. comcast 6meg and it never gets throttled like charter used to do before I moved here from my hometown. Hope you get that sat. connection.
                  sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• ToxicVega
                    • Sep 2006

joined today, how do i add my info to Sig?

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

@ ToxicVega.

I am not sure but I think you have to wait a while to do the stats generator or at least that's what I found when I changed my nick. Here is the link anyway, just in case I am wrong.

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

@ToxicVega - glad you took the time to join

@LowET499 - I'm hoping your reaction time is good with this get the r's up, pop the clutch and with a decent rig you'll have low et's with the work units here. You don't have to qualify for the finals here, and anybody that folds for this cause can't lose, your guaranteed to be a winner.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Yeaaaaaaaaaa Team!!! We are fast approaching the top 10%

Comment

• LowET499
                            • Aug 2006

How do I know if it is running? I may have deleted a couple parts of it I will try again.

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by LowET499
                              How do I know if it is running? I may have deleted a couple parts of it I will try again.
                              If you got the 5.04 beta console, it will run all the time. You run it and it looks like a DOS window, minimize it and it will go to the taskbar and run as long as the PC is running. When ya want to close it, hit the X or pick close from the taskbar.

Comment

• soup
                                Just Trying To Help
                                • Nov 2005

LowET499. You can always check your task manager.

Edit: 5 yard penalty on account of slowness.

Comment

Working...