• UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

have you read the SMP section yet:

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

i havent folded for some time and did not realize there finally are GPU clients available which make use of the processing power of your graphic card

grabbed the latest "high performance client" minutes ago and i'm more than impressed that 1% takes about 90 seconds on my system

so for all of you who have a newer ati or nvidia vga installed give this client a go:

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
        It Was The Dog, I Swear!
        • Nov 2003

Yet another good way to get your GPU nice and hot. No thanks. Anyway guys, I'm sorry but I dropped out of the folding race a while back. I was pretty much stuck in my position anyway.

I had a few BSOD's that needed to be resolved and I uninstalled Folding@home in the process. I'm not saying that's what caused it, but the issue has been resolved and I don't have any plans to use Folding@home anymore. No sense in pushing my machine if it's not necessary.
        My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• jobs home
          • Feb 2009

Join our team please - Folding at Home

hi,
          a 4mb ram usage is what i also found when folding but of course it'll use some 99% cpu power if available ^_~

it cant be answered how long a 5 million job takes as different cores have different speeds and it very much depends on your system

let's hope some folks will join and DVF will become a team within the top 2000 sooner or later

when you have finished a job (which can take takes btw) your personal score will be added/listed on the team page and the total pts will add up every once in a while but please dont expect a work unit to be finished within one or two hours

right now i have a 500.000 core and not 5.000.0000 and one single step takes ~ 13min on an athlon 64 (single core) 3200 with 1gb ram and NO heavy background task

Internet Jobs
          Last edited by jobs home; 22 Feb 2009, 10:27 PM. Reason: signatuer

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by jobs home

let's hope some folks will join and DVF will become a team within the top 2000 sooner or later
            as of right now The DVF team is 828th out of 154191 teams

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
              It Was The Dog, I Swear!
              • Nov 2003

Damn! that's pretty impressive considering the # of active CPU's.
              My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• azraf
                • Mar 2009

Hi.. how to join?

Originally Posted by jm1647
                as of right now The DVF team is 828th out of 154191 teams

Hi,
                How to join to your team?

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

See very first post

Comment

• azraf
                    • Mar 2009

Its disgusting, when hardware trouble..

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                      It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                      • Nov 2003

Nobody is updating this thread anymore. What's going on? I've been out of it for a while, but what happened to the momentum and enthusiasm?
                      My toy:

Comment

• sheep
                        fluffy-soft cp-killer
                        • Oct 2006

dead, I guess.
                        I am still folding BTW
                        Help to fight: * Alzheimer's Disease * Cancer * Huntington's Disease * Osteogenesis Imperfecta * Parkinson's Disease * Ribosome & antibiotics More information http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=69457

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by sheep
                          dead, I guess.
                          I am still folding BTW
                          Me too.

Comment

• Nulheron
                            • Jun 2009

I think that's only when it is being used. I Xd out of the window & checked Windows Task Manager & under applications it is running so I guess it installed successfully.

Comment

• lorenze30
                              • Aug 2009

I think that's only when it is being used. I Xd out of the window & checked Windows Task Manager & under applications it is running so I guess it installed successfully.

Comment

• sheep
                                fluffy-soft cp-killer
                                • Oct 2006

Is there any smp client that is still not expired?
                                Is this group dead BTW? xD
                                Help to fight: * Alzheimer's Disease * Cancer * Huntington's Disease * Osteogenesis Imperfecta * Parkinson's Disease * Ribosome & antibiotics More information http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=69457

Comment

Working...