X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

I had to shutdown for a while last night, some funny things going on between Windows & my Net Defence Firewall but I am going again, I will let those 2 sort it out.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

i will create a backup of the entire "f@h" folder from now on

Comment

• volfann
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Jun 2006

I have real bears on both boxes right now . 100 steps at 42 minutes per..ouch!!!
        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by l8nights
          btw I'm running a 920 @ 3.6 & 1gb ddr2
          no wonder !!!

I was gonna tinker with the AMD box to get a lil more speed outta it but I never overclocked before.

@UncasMS - I have been making a backup of the folder at least once a day. It looks like the log goes back to day 1 when ya start with FAH crunchin' them proteins

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by soup
            I had to shutdown for a while last night, some funny things going on between Windows & my Net Defence Firewall but I am going again, I will let those 2 sort it out.
            I was gonna mention funny things goin' on to ya. When ya had 2 WUs done and only had 17 points, that didn't look right to me. 8 1/2 points per WU seems a lil low

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

My power went out the other day due to a storm and it couldn't continue.Right now I am doing 4000000 on one core and a 5000000 on the other core Check it out LINK
              Last edited by BR7; 13 Aug 2006, 12:57 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• soup
                Just Trying To Help
                • Nov 2005

@jm1647, I think that was mainly because one of them was not completed by me but I still think it was weird as well. Like we say though every bit helps & that is the main thing. I think I am okay now. For those that know about this program a ? Will my going from normal internet 1.5 MB/s to enhanced @ 3.0 MB/s help & how would I check physically that I am @ 3.0 MB/s? Had a hard time getting the extra cost by my wife so I might have to do some of that folding as in laundry (LOL).

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

@soup - I might be wrong but it looks the internet is only used to get the WU and then upload the results.

@br7 - nice them dual cores

Comment

• soup
                    Just Trying To Help
                    • Nov 2005

Oh well I tried.

Comment

• l8nights
                      DD folding team
                      • Jun 2005

wow I just looked up and noticed that this thread has gone 8 pages so far.

I noticed the sigs are showing now they aren't updated but once a day so they may lag a little.

here is a site that can be used to keep up with stats...where the team is and where it will be.

Last edited by l8nights; 13 Aug 2006, 02:44 AM.
                      The future doesn't just happen its created through our actions or inactions~ today!

Comment

• volfann
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2006

I've tried running a second instance on dual core but even putting consoles in seperate folders I keep havin problem. Second console wants to immediately start running the work from the first console and never gives an option to name a new machine ID. Any suggestions???
                        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• BR7
                          He is coming to your little town!
                          • Aug 2005

before you start your second program rename it to FAH504-Console2.exe make sure your second F@H folder has a different name as well like FAH2

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• volfann
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2006

I'll give it another try,,Thanks BR
                            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• volfann
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              • Jun 2006

Well ,I have 2 instances running and they seem to be O.K. but could never get machine I.D. to change to #2 on second instance. Tried editing in notepad. ???????
                              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• l8nights
                                DD folding team
                                • Jun 2005

volfann if the second instance did not ask you the questions like name and team # then it is probably using the files from the first directory. not good.

I always tell people to dl two fresh installs into seperate directories. that seems to work better than the copy paste method.

when it starts asking you the ?'s answer yes to advanced options and then you will have the opportunity to enter machine id.
                                also a [ -local ] flag is nesecary to keep it in one directory.
                                I folded for a month before I needed it,then it bit me in the butt, I will always use it from now on.

I don't know what exactly happened, but there's some generics.

also any questions you do not answer in the initial set-up you cannot simply change in the cfg file you would have to insert it in the proper order.(not reccomended)

this team is growing pretty fast it say's a lot for the members here! I would like to see more members though, if you know somebody with a fast rig here send'em an invite.
                                The future doesn't just happen its created through our actions or inactions~ today!

Comment

Working...