X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Just about scared the life out of me, I had a 20000000 WU done & it kept coming back error server didn't have any clue about the work unit. I guess it must have went but thanks to the advice here I had it backed up on my other drive. Scary though! Welcome all new team members, you are doing yourselves proud. I got so lucky I got another 20000000 WU but I don't think this one will be completed as fast. Got a few things to do.

Comment

• GOL
      Just trying to help
      • Jun 2005

More ppl need to join

though I'm not folding for your team I spend alot of time lurking the forums.. People if you leave your machine on all the time or not if you don't leave it on all the time after install when it pops up the setup/configure tab go to the
      advanced tab at the bottom is Deadlines CHOOSE DEADLINELESS then when your machine is on it will still do work units but it will turn them in when it gets around to finishing them. Please fold and help find a cure.

Comment

• l8nights
        DD folding team
        • Jun 2005

@gol I think most here are using the "no nonsense" 5.04 client which doesn't have the same access to those options.

I like the newer protiens and perfomance benefits, but that is a good point for people that do not spend the time or have the resources for the big wu's then these options will indeed prevent problems.

I see you fold for one of the biggest teams out there, watch out for us little guy's. this team will undoubtaedly grow large indeed. maybe some members will jsut need a little nudging
        The future doesn't just happen its created through our actions or inactions~ today!

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

C'mon peeps!!! Nudge....Nudge

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

It seems the only way I can attach stats to my signature is to insert as a link, what am I missing? Can I retrieve my template or do I just make a new one? You have 3 codes to choose from, do you use BB or HTML? Any help on this would be really appreciated as I can't figure this out for some reason.

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

Out of the 3 codes I just used the direct link one then I just used the forums insert image

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• soup
                Just Trying To Help
                • Nov 2005

Thanks BR7, appreciated. It was the one code I didn't try that way (DOH).

Comment

• BR7
                  He is coming to your little town!
                  • Aug 2005

Your Welcome

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• GOL
                    Just trying to help
                    • Jun 2005

* Add the -config flag to configure the client before you start it up. Here is how.

* right click on the red " star " looking icon , and select " properties "

* At the end of the " FAH-Console " make a space using the spacebar and add in " -config " ( see picture below ) or " -configonly " if you want the client to exit after you configure.

This is what you will have when its all said and done. We will go though it step by step below -

Line by line

1) User name - the name you wish to fold under

2) Team - TEAM#HERE

3) Launch at startup, installing this as a service - If you have admin. rights you can install as a service, after you complete all the steps , reboot and it will be running as a service

4) Ask before fetching work - no

5) Use Internet Explorer settings - no

6) Use proxy - no (you should not have to , but everyone's network is different)

7) Allow receipt of work assignments and return of results greater than 5MB in size - This is how you start folding the "Big Packets" or " Big Work Units" . I would NOT click Yes if you are set up running timeless units or have less then 512MB of RAM.

8) Advanced options - YES (you dont have to , but i like to fine- tune things) (also a must if you are running 2 clients)

9-16 - is if you selected YES for changing Advanced methods. (if not you should start folding away, be sure to go back and delete the "-config" flag.)

9) Core priority (Idle/Low) - I always pick Lowest Possible (recommended) . The slightly higher option is good of another program is causing FAH to Lag or stop working. Just note that it might cause your other programs to Lag.

10) CPU usage requested (5-100) - 100% of course. However you can scale it down if you have a overheating computer. This is a good tool for laptops.

11) Disable highly optimized assembaly core (no/yes) - I never click this box. What is does is turn off FAH's ability to use your CPU's SSE and SSE2 code. In turn , slowing down the Folding process.

12) Pause if battery power is being used - Check this box if you dont want FAH to run when your Laptop is running on battery power.

13) Interval Between Checkpoints (3-30) [15?] - For Computers that run 24/7 you should set it to 15-30 min. For computers that run a few hours a day , I would set it to 3-10 min. Note: the shorter the checkpoint interval the longer the Workunit takes because FAH has to write checkpoint files more often, which takes away CPU time.

14) Request work units without deadlines (no-pref/no/yes) - no-pref" will make you run all units . " no " will make you run normal units with deadlines , use this option if you are going to run big packets. " yes " will set your workunits for timeless, this is good for systems under 500Mhz that run all the time or faster systems that do not run 24/7.

15) Ignore any deadline information ( mainly used if system clock frequently has errors) (no/yes) - " Yes " if your computer has frequent clock errors. " NO " if not.

16) Machine ID (1-8) - always pick " 1 '' unless you are running 2 clients on each machine. Please see my Multiple CPU/Hyperthreading setup guide.

* be sure to delete the "-config" flag we inserted above in the 1st step. This is where you can add other flags later.

if you need a Diagram
                    CLICK HERE

Comment

• l8nights
                      DD folding team
                      • Jun 2005

the sig looks nice soup.

I still think that is one of the best way's to draw attention to the cause, once the team is higher ranked of course the calvary will come.

But it's a lot easier climbing if they would join now, plus the braggin rights for being one of the founding members
                      The future doesn't just happen its created through our actions or inactions~ today!

Comment

• soup
                        Just Trying To Help
                        • Nov 2005

I want to thank the people not on the team but still giving us a helping hand. I think that is just great & it is appreciated. @ GOL, that is some team you are on (WOW). Would a bribe work? (LOL). Thanks for the compliment l8nights. I really think that we will grow stronger.

Comment

• jm1647
                          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                          • Apr 2005

Shoot, I lost a 226 point WU(2099) on the PIII. I forgot to back up the folder ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on the PIII.

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

It's okay jm1647, you will get that back but what happened?

Comment

• GOL
                              Just trying to help
                              • Jun 2005

Not a Problem and I might be able to convert a Few Comps over...But with as many people use the Forums and Leave their Computers running all the Time...I see no point in NOT Folding...and Its for a Great Cause...

Comment

• soup
                                Just Trying To Help
                                • Nov 2005

Yes it definitely is.

Comment

Working...