X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

That is why I have an external 500gig Sata.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Abuilder
      Miles
      Lot of real neat stuff on donationcoder. Too Much!
      I hope we don’t lose you to their forum.
      Heh. I was toying with the idea of asking them for a subforum for my software. But when I think of it I really don't have that many utilities yet. I wasted a lot of time reincarnating stuff I started around 2001. With AutoIt and AutoHotKey though it's easy to come up with quick hacks to add a small feature. Should be fun to mess around.

The cool thing is, at least from what I've seen so far, the main authors support their utilities on the site. If you report a bug they actually try to fix it.

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Abuilder
        Miles
        Lot of real neat stuff on donationcoder. Too Much!
        I hope we don’t lose you to their forum.
        Hi Abuilder,

I didn't see anything interesting on this website!!! Am I missing something!?!?

Thanks!

G!

Comment

• Abuilder
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Oct 2006

I didn't see anything interesting on this website!!! Am I missing something!?!?
          Hi gonwk
          Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. LOL
          Miles is a coder so that site is like hangin with the good old boys.
          They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Just checked out that donationcoder site. Looks great.
            SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

I was playing around a bit with AutoIt3 before but that site got me interested in AutoHotKey. You can do some cool things in just a few lines of code. Only thing is the syntax is really weird. Most of the time you don't quote strings like you do in nearly every other programming language. Still, for trapping a hotkey or mouse click and doing something on Windows it's tough to beat.

The FARR program is really addictive. I used Slickrun for a long time but with FARR as soon as I want to reopen a folder or recent program I just hit the Break Key. Very nice utility.

Comment

• dheeruyadav
                www.froggertv.com
                • Jan 2009

Nice website. I have bookmarked it.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Mar 2006

Giveaway of the Day - YouTubeGet 4.9.7

February 25, 2009YouTubeGet is an all-in-one software designed to make quick and easy work to download YouTube videos and convert them. Offering a multitude of methods to acquire the video, this application has all the power you need while still remaining small and easy to use.

After downloading videos it will auto convert FLV files to MP3, MP4, 3GP, AVI, WMV, MOV etc. Soon, you can see YouTube videos on your iPod, MP3/MP4 Player or Cell phone.

Finally. This is my first download. I had it on my old PC and it worked great.

I do have all the freeware alternatives and this one I almost bought to replace the old giveaway.

Every day we present FREE licensed software published by developers from all over the world.

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

FREE IObit Advanced SystemCare PRO v3 License Key Codes Exclusive for Raymond.CC Readers

Comment

• blutach
                      Not a god of digital video
                      • Oct 2004

Be careful with that IOBit set of utilities. It can be quite aggressive.

Regards
                      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Mar 2006

Giveaway of the Day - Driver Magician 3.4

Driver Magician offers a professional solution for device drivers backup, restoration and update in Windows operating system. It identifies all the hardware in the system, extracts their associated drivers from the hard disk and backs them up to a location of your choice. Then when you format and reinstall/upgrade your operating system, you can restore all the “saved” drivers just as if you had the original driver diskettes in your hands. After one system reboot, your PC will be loaded and running with the required hardware drivers.

I have used this in the past many times. Usually you can get the trial and it works as well, but this a full edition.

This is great for all those prebuilt computers that you got from like HP, Gateway, Compaq and others that have internal parts that have drivers no where to be found.

It is also great if you want to do a clean install without all the garbage if you have an OEM Disk.

My personal experience is I highly recommend this and for you to back up all your drivers and burn them to CD so you have them in all one place.

Every day we present FREE licensed software published by developers from all over the world.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2007

Great burrell. I was looking at something like this today in Uniblue, but it only let you delete 15 files then you had to purchase. I'll definitely give this a run n update and/or backup any drivers. Great like you said if using oem n Nlite.

Ok. So they give you the key, and option to register now or later. Registering means purchasing it? Excuse me if I don't follow. Asking because the update function doesn't work in this so called trial/giveaway. Thnx.
                          Last edited by dr_ml422; 7 Mar 2009, 02:09 AM.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                            Eclectician
                            • Nov 2006

@ burrell, what OS have you used it on? Just wondering because I tried a couple of these like DoubleDriver and DriverMax on Vista 32 bit and when doing the restore it gives no error message but does nothing. Also on Vista64 the save is only a couple MB so it looks like it's not actually saving the drivers. Strange.

edit: btw I downloaded and installed just in case it works
                            Last edited by MilesAhead; 7 Mar 2009, 05:31 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

• dr_ml422
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2007

this driver magician is pretty simple w/user friendly interface. it just gives you 15 days b4 you have to buy. it won't update in trial version. I tried uniblue from majorgeeks, but that was useless to me, and on top of that spybot found some maware called Malcore which I removed. let me check the specs on magician n see if it supports vista. remember though that oem's have different drivers than builds. usually have to go to the oem's site n look for their drivers. this'll say you might need a update, but not really.

yup, it says vista just don't know to what extent w/trial version. only thing it do that i did was bachup to a folder to use w/nlite. when i tried update you have to purchase. very simple though n pretty thorough database. it's a giveaway... lol...
                              Last edited by dr_ml422; 7 Mar 2009, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                                Eclectician
                                • Nov 2006

@ dr_ml422 I installed from the giveaway. In Vista64 the saved driver folder is @145MB so at least it seemed to back up. If my system gets hosed I'd be laying an image back on anyway. What I'm looking for is if somehow a driver gets uninstalled or I try a newer driver and it doesn't work so I can just restore an individual driver from the save folder. DriverMax acted like it worked in Vista 32 bit. But when I tried to restore a single driver with it I got nothing. So I took that off. Thing is I don't want to go around with a messed up driver to test it.

Comment

Working...