X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I saw Glary on Gizmo's list. Haven't tried it yet. Right now things are working well so I'm not too anxious to tweak. Bask in the sun while there ain't no clouds type of thing.

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Media Info Poller freebie

I was looking for some kind of shell extension or utility to add the play times of media files. I posted a request on Coding Snacks forum on Donation Coder and skwire was nice enough to code it in AutoHotKey. Just drag & drop a bunch of media files onto the list and it shows play time and totals them up. Here's a link to the thread. The utility is freeware. I tried it on Vista 32 and 64 bit.

There's a download link in the thread 'bout half way down.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

skwire spruced up his program a bit. Now called PlayTime, it calculates total play times of media files dropped on, also total time for selected files is shown on status bar. Double click an entry plays the file with the associated player.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

I have another home grown hotkey util available for download. This one is for XP and later.
          If you hit Shift-NumberPadMinus hotkey, the "home folder" for the active window is opened. IOW, whatever folder that exe is in that created the window.

If you hit Control-NumberPadMinus a command prompt opens. If the window is an explorer folder, that will be the current directory for the command prompt. If the window is an application window, the home folder will be current directory for the command prompt.

It may prove convenient sometimes. I know I hate going to the shortcut to find out where the program that's running is installed. This hotkey gizmo makes it quicker.

See Home Folder at the bottom of this page:

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

update

An MRU list of only 10 folders seemed a bit meager so I updated XMon folder monitor with an Up/Down button to allow adjusting the maxium folder setting. The range is 4 to 64 folders.

There's a download link near the bottom of this page:
            This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
            Attached Files

Comment

• ger@co
              Shrinkslinger, movie only
              • Feb 2004

Sorry to hijack your thread, but since the title of the thread is "Free software every day," I thought it would be okay.

This freebee looks interesting for the budding or professional collage artist out there.
              ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by ger@co
                Sorry to hijack your thread, but since the title of the thread is "Free software every day," I thought it would be okay.

This freebee looks interesting for the budding or professional collage artist out there.
                No hijack involved.
                Alerts for free software is why it's here. I guess I have too much free time so I tend to post a lot of follow-ups here.

Comment

• ger@co
                  • Feb 2004

The "hijack" remark is simply my attempt at humour, albiet dry, but humour nonetheless.

Later.
                  ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by ger@co
                    The "hijack" remark is simply my attempt at humour, albiet dry, but humour nonetheless.

Later.
                    btw though, I think the Commiedians Of the Globe Guild(COGG) kicks you out if you explain a joke. First time is a warning, 2nd offense they garnishee your 401k.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2006

And I get the money!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
                        And I get the money!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        You get the vig eh? Always wondered where it went

Comment

• ger@co
                          • Feb 2004

They're just a bunch of commies, but I have been warned.

Later

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Mar 2006

Giveaway of the Day - png2icon 1.0

Png2Icon is a little software tool lets you convert from PNG to Windows icon formats without losing any quality. Png2Icon uses advanced resampling filters, what allows you to create very good icons from any images.

It is very simple and straight forward. It DOES work in Vista 32 bit as I have tested that.

Every day we present FREE licensed software published by developers from all over the world.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2006

Burrell, how is the quality of the converted Icon. Is the clarity of the icon good.
                              Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Mar 2006

I guess the icon is with lower quality than the original portrait. I don't know if this is normal.

I tried to attach the difference, but the ico file is invalid for the forum.

I assume you know what you are looking for, it is free today.

I'd be curious to know your opinion.

I do know freeware of a program like this is hard to find when I searched for photo_angel2004 some time back when she was looking for something like this.

Thanks

Comment

Working...