• Nov 2003

It's an advanced mode of

Plug and Pray

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

Chewy - I wanted to throw something else out here that I just remembered. I don't believe I had mentioned it previously; A good while back, I had purchased an E-MU sound card for line-in recording/mixing, etc. It was not top of the line, but considered a very good one for everyday use.

I experienced the problems in this thread, did a bit of searching on E-MU website, & found that the it caused problems when used on a system that had a South Bridge VIA VT8237.

Do you think that it could be possible that this could be the source of this problem? I know you mentioned the win xp/driver issues with sound cards, & you do know way more than I do on this, but from my (limited) experience, I am looking at all the systems I have assembled for friends, & none of them are having problems but me... I would hate to think that I just "got lucky" on all those other builds!

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

after all the firewire problems I had with jvc and via or agere and xpsp2 I would consider it very possible(hardware conflict)

stay away from via hyperion or 4 in 1 drivers

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

stay away from via hyperion or 4 in 1 drivers
          Well said, I have seen that mentioned on other forums as well. Except on the Abit forums, the guys on there said to download & install all the mobo drivers...

I would consider it very possible(hardware conflict)
          Very fussy mobo...is there any card that will work on this thing ?!?!

Comment

Working...