Samsung Syncmaster 906BW
    Vista Ultimate (32 bit)

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

Kodak V550
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Well I am down a good digital camera right now waiting to save enough to buy a new one again my fugifilm fine pix 4900 slr cam bit the dust and looking for a new slr digital camera for weddings.

I will get back to you when I get the new one most likely a Nicon or Cannon Reble

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

That bites.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
            That bites.
            What bites is I have a wedding to shoot on the 7th of July and I am broke.

I need to come up with about 2 grand for new camera equipment before July 1st. LOL

(Its my best freinds wedding and she is counting on me, the pressure is on.)

I just may have to go back to old school and bust out the 35mm SLR body canon camera I have.

Comment

• doctorhardware
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2006

I have a pentex SLR here.

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

i got sony 12x optizoom DSC-H2, i picked it instead of S3 IS. i had olympus 750 ultrazoom before.
                Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2004

Well It looks like I may be getting the Fuji FinePix S9100 SLR with all the extra lens that I will need with it.

Not the Camera I want the most but its the best I am going to be able to do by the 7th of July. And still a nice SLR body digital camera though. Just not as many options for attachment lenses as the Nicon Digital camera's.

I am still looking at a $1,500 cash lay out for that one vs. a $4,000 cash lay out for the one I really want. LOL

So in the end its all about the Benjerman's I guess LOL.

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

are there two versions of the finepix 9100 because i didnt know there was a SLR version

Comment

• BR7
                      He is coming to your little town!
                      • Aug 2005

I see it's going for $399.99 at JR.com

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by BR7
                        I see it's going for $399.99 at JR.com
                        I am no longer buying that camera from Ritz camera store I found one on ebay for $509.00 with extra lens I will still need a few other things but that sure cuts the cost down.

@UncasMS,
                        The model is really S9100 and yes it is an SLR body camera see here:

After the extra flash, and 4 gig memory card and a better telephoto lens I am looking at now around $750.00 plus shipping much better price I am going with that now.

@BR7,
                        Thats not a bad price but that only include the camera not the wide angle and telephoto lens or extra memory and all that good stuff.
                        All of my old lenses will not be compatable with a new camera. I will need all new again.

The camera model I want the most is way out of my price range at this time but this one should do a good job.

@BR7 thanks for that link though I see they have a good price on memory cards there.

I am still debating on the $149.99 extended 5 year warranty though LOL
                        Last edited by photo_angel2004; 4 Jun 2007, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2006

I would go for the extended warranty, just because the camera is very complicated device and the price is not bad.

Comment

• bill7621
                            It could be worse.
                            • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                            I am no longer buying that camera from Ritz camera store I found one on ebay for $509.00 with extra lens I will still need a few other things but that sure cuts the cost down.

@UncasMS,
                            The model is really S9100 and yes it is an SLR body camera see here:

After the extra flash, and 4 gig memory card and a better telephoto lens I am looking at now around $750.00 plus shipping much better price I am going with that now.

@BR7,
                            Thats not a bad price but that only include the camera not the wide angle and telephoto lens or extra memory and all that good stuff.
                            All of my old lenses will not be compatable with a new camera. I will need all new again.

The camera model I want the most is way out of my price range at this time but this one should do a good job.

@BR7 thanks for that link though I see they have a good price on memory cards there.

I am still debating on the $149.99 extended 5 year warranty though LOL
                            PA,

See Here:

And Here:

If you read these you will see that this camera is not an SLR, but SLR like....big difference!
                            I have the Fuji S9000, this one's predecessor. Although it was a decent camera it wasn't what it was claimed to be, it was released with bugs and had a lot of shortcomings. It wouldn't focus on soft objects such as fur or feathers, which in my opinion made it useless for 80% subject matter. I also hated it's electronic viewfinder! It should never have been released when it was, but Fuji entered the mega pixel war and wanted to be the first kid on the block with a 9 mega pixel digicam. I was real disappointed with my purchase. Hope these problems were taken care of in the 9100.

You can't change lenses on this thing, so you don't need any.

Now, why would you pay $509 for something you can get for $399 (BR7's link) when you're tight for cash? Doesn't make sense to me! As far as the extra $150 for the service contract, again, if you don't have the money, why consider this? Besides, why pay for a service contract thats over 1/3 the price of the camera?

Best advice you'll get is to use your 35mm for now and do your homework on what camera you really want. Don't let your friend's wedding force you to buy something you don't want and can't afford. Another thing, if you already have lenses as you stated, get a camera body that will accept them. There's no sense in letting all that good glass go to waste. I bought a Pentax and it will accept every Pentax lense ever made. I'm glad, I have a bag full! I love this camera!
                            Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed!

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2004

I dont even know how to respond to that.

Well ok if I get that camera for $400.00 that’s all I get just the camera. Then I need to buy every thing else for it which puts it all way over the $509.00 I am paying.

The camera I really want is a Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II which sells for about 7 grand for the camera body ALONE and the lenses are from $200 to $1,000 each. Plusssssss everything else so for amount 10 grand ya that’s $10,000 I can get what I really want the most.
                              But that is dream land not reality.
                              Reality is I have a wedding to shoot on the 7th of July and I need digital for it. My friend Tanya can not afford the costs of 35mm. Nor can the 3 other couples I am shooting later in the summer.
                              That isn’t going to happen at least not this year. LOL

I do tend to agree on the 35 MM thing part though. True SLR camera for 35mm are better then anything digital by far at least with the high end cameras this is so true. But the reality on 35 mm is you either have to have a dark room of your own or you have to pay $$ and rely o someone else to develop them for you. The cost of running you own dark room no longer pays as its now much more costly to develop your own pictures then it is to take them in.

Then you have the element of scanning and dust removal and all that crap.
                              I do still use 35mm cameras I have 3 of them 2 are point and shoots that take great pictures and one of them is a $5,000 true SLR. The way Freelance photography is moving and the way this economy is at least in this state. The cost is just to high to even consider 35mm at least right now.

With digital there is no scanning picture there is no development time and money.

Load the pics right from camera to PC and your good to go. I have been doing freelance photography for over 15 years now. Yes I know there are better cameras on the market then a Fuji s9100. BUT this camera will take high quality pictures that will be great for weddings. And what ever else.

Also after doing further research in the s9100 I found that the lenses that I have will NOT fit that s9100 they did fit or do fit the older 9000 model So I was mistaken by that at a glance. I am now selling my old lenses as I will no longer have a need for them.
                              This camera will be good enough to pick up other freelance jobs again and get me back into more money = better camera eventually.

Considering I have actually won awards with pictures that I have taken with a Fuji FinePix 4900 I am sure the newer s9100 will do even better.

At this point the only thing I use my 35mm SLR camera for is my own personal use. For a job like a wedding its too much, too much scanning and money.

I have used cameras made by Cannon, Fuji and Olympus and I have been impressed with all of them. Nikon also makes some very good camera but I have never owned one.

But if you want to get nit picky on camera 35mm vs digital well the best made 35mm pro cameras still beat out the best pro digital camera with lens quality and focusing. Digital has come a long way since 2000 when I bought my first digital camera and digital still continues to improve as time goes by.
                              Many "old school" photographers still prefer the 35mm but even some of them are moving into the digital world.

The reality is that digital camera have taken over the market in such a huge way that few people are buying 35mm any more and the demand for them and the film and things you need develop 35mm that the costs for everything 35mm is now much more expensive then it once was. There was a time that you could develop your own pictures for much less that what it would cost to take your film in now.... that is no longer true its very costly to develop you own pictures now and not worth the time and money for the average freelance job. That is not to say there isn’t a place for 35mm any longer just not as easy as digital is. With the right printer, the right ink and the right papers its a lot more cost effective to go digital.

And the bottom line is there most people don’t want to pay the 35mm high end costs any more.

I don’t know what its like where you live but here in WI, many photography studios are closing there doors they cant survive with the high costs in this digital world any longer and the ones that Have not closed their doors charge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$

And yes there are people that can and do afford that but not the majority.

I am sorry to see that you were burned on your camera. I wouldn’t say that all Fuji cameras are bad for that though as every leading camera manufacturer has made at least one or 2 that were a bomb like the Canon rebel. LOL Many pro photographers have said those camera's are very problematic with shutter speed.

Then again people that use them for personal use and not pro use love them. All depends on what you consider good and what your needs are.

I personally found this to be a good link. What is intersting to me is the most popular selling camers are not really the better ones. At least not to the pro's. http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-7603_7-....html?tag=tnav

Then again the average person cant affor the reall good ones. So its a horse a piece.
                              Last edited by photo_angel2004; 8 Jun 2007, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• biglee2001
                                PLebe Video Guy
                                • Jun 2007

Samsung S630. Big improvement from my Fuji fine pix old school 2 mega pixel camera

Comment

Working...