Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

yes, my 70-300 does have IS as well as an USM motor though this USM is not the same type you'll find with an 70-200 L USM

of course it makes a slight difference in speed and yes, the built-quality is a different league but then it's twice the price as well so to be fair the 55-250 is a very good choice

using it with a fully open aperture it was, however, not as sharp as my 70-300 when i tested it against my lense and i use my lense with open aperture a lot

c.f. these two images (make sure to have a 100% display of the pictures)

1 was taken with the 55-250
    2 was taken with the 70-300

3 is the original pic (reduced in order to be able to upload it here!) - 1+2 are crops but not sharpened after cropping and before saving
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UncasMS; 10 Jan 2009, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• ger@co
      Shrinkslinger, movie only
      • Feb 2004

Okay, I finally see the difference. I had to download the pics and view them side by side before I was able to see any difference. Once I did, everything became obvious. But you're right, for the difference in price, I guess the 55-250mm is not that bad.

Later.
      ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

Working...