AVG Free updates and flags CPUZ as a virus !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrinkOrDie
    It Was The Dog, I Swear!
    • Nov 2003

I had the same problem with AVG detecting CPUZ as a virus. It is a false positive for sure. I just set AVG to ignore it. AVG for some reason also said my B's Player was the same trojan. I know for a fact, it is not, so I also set it to ignore B's Player too. Note: I also set my firewall to block both of those programs from accessing the internet. Even if they were a trojan, they would then be pretty useless to anyone out there.
    Last edited by DrinkOrDie; 9 Apr 2008, 04:57 PM.
    My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Originally Posted by blutach
      Get Rootkit Revealer from sysinternals; this is a terrific product.

Note: Do not create any files (including browsing) while it runs or else it will report differences between the registry (which it loads at startup) and API. Some of its reports are harmless - you need to interpret them.

Regards
      Hi Blu. I better relax right now w/this seeing both you and Chewy already suggested learning how to interpret the reports. I'll give an update on this after I learn some more. Thnx for the link and name of the .exe file.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...