X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

Changing Photo Background

Guys

Help me out here, i need a program that is easy to use. I want to change background on my picture like using a picture i took at a zoo and pasting it to a background that has a beach..get what i mean??

which program can i use here that can make it easy

at a moment i am on trial with corel paint shop proX..anybody know how i can do this i am trying to work layers but is damn so difficult

please guide again i need to be a photography pro..its a new hobby
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

masking an object in order to exchange the background and keep the main object (or vice versa) will need quite a bit of practise

you wont achieve this with two clicks, i'm sorry

Comment

• Phillip
      • May 2006

I suppose Uncasm i suppose.... I actually was 40% successfull on my project yesterday using Corel Paint....i merged a beach in a background of one of my pictures and erased the background from the original picture...it was marvelous but it takes a bit of time to erase and work with the eraser....i am getting there i hope

I liked corel yesterday now i am caught between using it or buying photoshop.....havent tried photoshop and i cant download trial because it is way too big...hmmm any idea which could work best between the two???

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

ps is the leader when it comes to image editing but this doesnt necessarily make it the best tool for everyones needs

ps cs3 will be way more expensive than corel photo paint and corel photo paint is a very good tool

since you already have corel, try to learn your basics with this software

ps as well as photo paint will take some time getting used to it and they both will reward your putting time into their usage so dont get frustrated too early

google for some online tutorials, make yourself familiar with the basic tools within photo paint and fool around with the image editor before you set your aims too high

and dont forget to share some of your results (final or work in progress - doesnt matter) here if you like and let us participate in exploring image editing
        Last edited by UncasMS; 9 Apr 2008, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Phillip
          • May 2006

nice UncasMS...lets see what happens

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

@Phillip I haven't gotten very deeply into photo editing.. just messed around a bit, but from
            what I read, gimp for windows can supposedly to anything you can do with PhotoShop, and it's free. The main drawback is the user interface works a little differently than most Windows users expect. Takes a little acclimation. Also I did have some success with another free app called photofiltre. If the foreground isn't too complicated you can outline it and create a separate layer that can be imposed on another background. Worth a look.

Comment

Working...