• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jblitz277
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Apr 2007

Help!!!

I have no idea what happened to my cpu.It was functioning fine all through the night and when I left for work but,now it's just blue.For some reason my documents folder is open so I can get to internet explorer .I ran a memory test as I thought it may be a ram problem but,no problem detected.I am running Vista and the log on screen appears fine and I can open say medis player if I click an avi in my docs.But my icons,start,task bar ext. are MIA.I have rebotted,re-booted in safe mode,ran a task manager and no process is running execpt docs.I have exited docs then I get nada.and have to re-boot to get anything.When I got home it was the windows expierienced mess with reboot your pc and now nothing at all just light blue????........
    Asus P5N-E Sli nForce 650i mobo
    Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz
    4 Gb OCZ Platinum Rev 2 PC6400 DDR2 800mhz
    Samsung 203B(sata)
    BenQ 1655(ide)
    Lite-On LH-20A1S-12 (sata)
    500Gb WD caviar (sata)
    300Gb Seagate Barracuda (ide)
    500Gb Western Digital external Harddrive USB X 2
    600w Ultra Infinity PS
    8500GT 512mb Vid
    Samsung Syncmaster 906BW
    Vista Ultimate (32 bit)
  • jblitz277
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Apr 2007

Ok the "Blue screen of Death "" is my diagnosis can I fix.What makes it happen?I forgot to add in post I also shut down and installed an update thinking that may help to no avail.Please excuse my typing I'm terrrible
    Asus P5N-E Sli nForce 650i mobo
    Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz
    4 Gb OCZ Platinum Rev 2 PC6400 DDR2 800mhz
    Samsung 203B(sata)
    BenQ 1655(ide)
    Lite-On LH-20A1S-12 (sata)
    500Gb WD caviar (sata)
    300Gb Seagate Barracuda (ide)
    500Gb Western Digital external Harddrive USB X 2
    600w Ultra Infinity PS
    8500GT 512mb Vid
    Samsung Syncmaster 906BW
    Vista Ultimate (32 bit)

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Windows Vista comes with a rich feature set of diagnostic and repair tools that you can use in the event that your computer is not operating correctly. These tools allow you to diagnose problems and repair them without having to boot into Windows. This provides much greater flexibility when it comes to fixing problems that you are not able to resolve normally. This guide focuses on using the Startup Repair utility to automatically fix problems starting Windows Vista. The tutorial will also provide a brief description of the advanced repair tools with links to tutorials on how to use them.

vista comes with some very good tools that are relatively easy to use

Comment

Working...