Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahgute
    • Jan 2007

System Recovery

I have a Dell Dimension 2350, & would like to perform a system recovery on it because it has become quite slow over the years & I believe I need to clean it up a bit. Does anyone know a safe & simple way to accomplish this? Grateful for any help!
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

A system recovery will take it back to day 1, you will lose everything that didn't come on the computer?

Comment

• ahgute
      • Jan 2007

I realize that, & that's I want to do. Get it back to day 1, fresh out of the factory. My HP computer came with system recovery already installed which I've used many times successfully, but apparently my Dell Dimension 2350 doesn't have this option already installed in the computer. What I want know, am I correct in assuming that my Dell doesn't have this option already installed or am I missing something? If my assumption is correct, then is there a way to do a system recovery without having to use the cd that came with the computer? Thanks.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

your other computer probably had the recovery on a partition on the hard drive, you will have to use
        the cd(s)

start..programs..accessories...system tools....system restore?

backup is not installed on home but can be from the xp cd

you didn't say you were running xp or not?

Comment

• ahgute
          • Jan 2007

I'm running XP.

Comment

Working...