the server's acting weird again

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
      the server's acting weird again
      Ok. just got offline w/newegg and as always they agreed to credit me the difference and then some of what it would have been at the time of my posting of the acer. It'll b here soon. Can't see my screen shots again?

Btw we didn't really need to play w/that precision tweaker from the mobo support cd to see if any more overclocking could of been done outside of raising the multiplier? I didn't bother insering all those xtras as I thought they really weren't that necessary for lack of a better word. thnx.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
        with that i could do without hdmi

acer's are good, free shipping even better
        Hi Chewy. Just set up the acer. I have to tell you that 1680 x 1050 might be great 4 w/e but I just got my 1st pair of reading glasses so I'm sticking w/the standard. Don't want to go blind b4 my time. Lol... Great monitor though. Hooked it up through the dvi output/input.

Guess pretty much on my way w/the build. Greater storage better to store more files, especially video until finished w/them. Thnx. If anything else you might suggest then let it rip. Otherwise I'll just be back at some point w/more ?'s on some other material. Lol...

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

got the wife an Acer AL1916w. Picture is outstanding. I paid after rebate $99.95,
          Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

You did great on that doc. I didn't do that bad. Like I mentioned they took an xtra $20 off as a courtesy. Main thing I have a monitor 4 the build. no more hassles w/configurations when switching back and forth. Thnx 4 suggesting the Acer.

Comment

• doctorhardware
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2006

The first LCD 17" monitor that I purchased for $99 also, I am in the process of repairing. It has the bad capacitors syndrome. My son told me that it was going to a black screen when he was playing WOW.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

Ok. My brand new hard drives from seagate are hovering at 100 degrees or higher. I have a 250gb and a 500gb. My processor is doing ok. Mind you this is w/the ac on. I have 1 fan in the tower along w/the psu fan which also has an outtake fan. The cpu has a cooler. A zalman. I just got off the phone w/seagate and they told me I should mail them in 4 an exchange cause they were over heating. Now the temperature readings I'm getting from cpuid's hw monitoring. How accurate is this? Also Should there be concern enough to send them in? My psu is a 500watt atx cooler master. Anyone w/a suggestion please get back w/me asap if possible. I have a whole sh1t load of video work on my 500gb and I'm not really ready to part w/it b4 I burn them. Thnx.
                Last edited by dr_ml422; 16 Jul 2008, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

GPU 54 °C (129 °F)
                  GPU Ambient 42 °C (108 °F)
                  DW CDW63G0-D00NF0A 44 °C (111 °F)
                  Seagate ST3250823AS 45 °C (113 °F)

2 1/2 years not a glitch

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

I should have known you would of pointed this out when I first posted the hw screenshots of the hd temps. was concerned then po w/the thought of losing the data already stored or pressured to burn it b4 any returns. Lot of misinformation out there concerning the hd temps. Not only from seagate themselves but also from other forums/sources I googled.

I keep 4getting that taking the info from manuals or others literally doesn't always equate to the actual facts. Thnx for the pull up as always.

Bottom line I'm soon going to be shopping for a psu. The 500w is good power wise, but it only has 3 power cables w/extensions. Essentially my 2 burners are on 1 cable, the 2 hd on another, and the fan and I think power button is occupying the last 1. I remember you and the fellas suggesting separate cables for each device. I'm tired of reinstalling windows other wise I would probably use the 500gb hd and save the 250gb or vice versa. Right now windows is on the 250 and the 500 is basically to load up w/video work ready to be burned. Maybe the 250 would do.
                    Last edited by dr_ml422; 17 Jul 2008, 06:19 AM. Reason: Additional info.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2006

I don't think that is really necessary to have separate connections for each device. As long as the power supply has enough wattage to run the computer and all the devices connected to the power supply.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

Thnx doc. I think I just better leave things as they are. Caught myself getting a little obsessive and trying to fix things that ain't broken. I did get rid of some xtra cables that really weren't needed by snipping them off. I almost made the mistake of connecting a 4pin floppy connector to a 3pin cha pin on the mobo to connect the case fan. Luckily it wouldn't go in and I had sense enough to read the psu user guide and find out what those 4 pin cables were. I thought they were backwards compatible to 3pin connectors but it's the other way around. anyhow next is getting the bios on my ACER to show up so I could have the option of using it. That I'll figure out soon enough.

Basically I'm going to learn new stuff. Maybe get into knowing more about avi and divx. Anything new and also anything related to what I've already learned so as to help others when possible. Keep 4getting to easy does it. Rome definitely wasn't built in a day.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2006

Take it one step at a time.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Hi Chewy. My acer x193w+ lcd monitor works but the asus logo won't show up and doesn't give me the option of going into bios. I could get into bios by hitting the delete key but that's about it. monitor works fine just comes up as no signal then str8 to my password screen. thnx for any help.

Ok the Acer's fine according to Acer support. tech said it's just catching up to the video card before going to windows and that it's normal to do that.
                            Last edited by dr_ml422; 1 Aug 2008, 04:07 AM. Reason: Posting results of solution.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2007

I need to get a keyboard and mouse for my new build. Been using the one from dell and noticed some functions on the mouse like the middle click button that lets you scroll quickly doesn't work on my build but on the dell it does. Hope it's nothing I deleted w/nlite. Doubt it. If not these prebuilds are made to just do what they were built to do w/what they gave you.

Any suggestion on a decent keyboard and mouse at a reasonable price is appreciated.

Definitely sounds like a newbie ?, but I'm still clueless to certain things. Lol...

Comment

Working...