Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westly32
    • Jun 2006

Firefox 3 and Font Size Control

Hello. I just upgraded(?) to the latest version of FF, and after it finished, I noticed that the font size was back in it's normal small setting. Normally, I'd hold down Crtl and press the + key twice to get my regular size for reading. But that's not happening any longer. I upped the size again, and still too small...2 more clicks brings the print up to my normal, readable size, but the pages is now stretched, creating a slider at the bottom of the browser that I must move to read pages...Furthermore, when I move from one site to another, the font returns to the small size, forcing me to enlarge it again, which fast became a pain.
    I've gone thru the font settings under Tools>Options, but am unable to figure out how to enlarge the font to my regular size, without making the page stretch out? Is there a way to roll back to the previous version of FF, so I don't lose all my bookmarks?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Westly32; 28 Aug 2008, 07:23 AM.
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

Even rolling back when it was in beta I lost my bookmarks.

Be sure you export them before making any changes in case you need to import them later.

Go to Bookmarks/Organize bookmarks/Import Backup/export HTML.

As far as the text size you could try view/zoom/text only. You would need to set for each site you visit though.

Good Luck.

Comment

• Westly32
      • Jun 2006

Thanks. I have the font set to Arial now, and the size problem seems to have stopped when moving from site to site. I'll keep fiddling in hopes of getting things back to normal, and if it doesn't, uninstall version 3 and go back to the previous.

Comment

• ipaulo
        • Apr 2006

Just a thought, but have you tried right clicking on your desktop and select properties. Then click on the appearance tab and switching the font size to large. You may have already done this but I figure it's worth a shot.

Comment

• Westly32
          • Jun 2006

^^ Nothing there has been changed, so I guess I'll have to chalk it up to 'weirdness happens'.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Westly32 just curious.. do you use a lot of add-ons? How is 3.x handling 'em?
            I'm still running 2.0.0.16 mainly because I can't tolerate it without the add-ons.

Comment

• Westly32
              • Jun 2006

I only have 3 add ons-Ad Blocker, Flash Video Downloader, and AVS Safe Search. I've had no problems with sluggish performance. Some adds won't work with ver3, so be careful should you decide to udgrade..thee was a warning/notice that certain add ons would not be conpatible.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

Maybe I'll try it again when it stabilizes. I can't do Firefox without my AutoCopy Bookmark Sync n Sort, Context Search, Fasterfox, FlashGot, Launcy, NoScript, Uppity, SecureLogin,
                Launchy, and Undo Closed Tabs. Just ain't the same.

Comment

Working...