• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

New keyboard and mouse

ok. When in doubt post a new thread. I've been searching since last night for a new keyboard and mouse. a combo would be nice. don't know much except you need both. lol... searched here and found different results as far as noise, lighting, etc... something simple and black and if it's soft to the touch and a lil quieter i'll take it. much now is wireless and i don't want that. usb is my direction. researched the ps/2 ones and problems w/those to as far as breaking easily or causing malfunctions if either the mouse or keyboard goes bad. Not too expensive either. Any directional input or suggestion is always appreciated. basically i need help here. thnx.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

I am stuck with ps2 for keyboards, bios support for legacy usb sometimes works, sometimes not, without a keyboard you're sunk

all my mice have been usb for some time

I try to keep it simple

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
      I am stuck with ps2 for keyboards, bios support for legacy usb sometimes works, sometimes not, without a keyboard you're sunk

all my mice have been usb for some time

I try to keep it simple
      Ok. so are you saying you use ps2 for your keyboard and usb for your mice? can you actually use different formats on the same computer? i know my new build supports ps2 and it also has the 2.0 usb ports. when you go purchase and read the specs will it mention the 2.0 usb compatability, both in respect to the keyboard and mouse? all i saw was os system requirements or capabilities etc... thnx.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

I prefer a smaller compact ps2 keyboard, I just look for a black one on sale

the 2 button optical with scroll wheel Microsoft usb mice have served me the best

I am real hard on both

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

I got you. Just picked up a logitech usb keyboard and a optical mouse from them as well. not bad price at staples. about $30 and some change. I'll pick up a ps2 keyboard later on or on sale like you mentioned. see the difference if any. the mouse came w/a ps2 adaptor should i go that route. Going to keep it simple 4 now. Thnx as always.

Working fine as i post. logitech keyboard not that noisy at all. i'll download the software for the optical mouse soon. needed for some xtra goodies but working fine as is also.
          Last edited by dr_ml422; 4 Sep 2008, 02:33 PM. Reason: update:

Comment

Working...