X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

FolderCache ReOpen and Selector have all been updated with a bug fix:

This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

Running FC 4.4.0.0 For some reason, it has stoipped adding folders to the cache.

Is there a recommended fix?

EDIT:Not to worry. Somehow the address bar had disappeared from the folders and tis is required. Works now

You know, is there a way for the app to check that all is well? It can look at the 2 registry values and report if it isn't and offer to turn them on for the user.

Regards
      Last edited by blutach; 1 Jun 2010, 04:50 PM.
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I don't like to poke into the registry if it's not absolutely necessary. That's why I use .ini files. Esp. in 64 bit the 32 bit settings are echoed in other places and it's just a pita. Take a search on file type .html to see what's set just to make default browser.

I don't see the benefit of doing it.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

FolderCache, ReOpen, and Selector programs have all added a Check for Update command to the Tray Menu.

This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

It seems to work fine on my systems, but I don't have a dial-up account to test it on dial-up. It uses standard Inet calls to get a version info file, and the update if you choose to get the update, so it should be pretty vanilla.

The way it works is it downloads a file where I have the supported program's version info and download name. It calls the OS GetFileVersion API to get the file version info of the program you are running. Then it compares them. Not even your program version info is set to the server. If you choose to get the update it downloads the zip file, then opens the zip and the program folder for you to copy over the old files. There's no database on my site. I'm too lazy for that kind of programming. I like it simple.

If you get an error trying to open the zip download it's probably a server error. If it can't send you the file you want it sends some xml jazz about the error.
          Last edited by MilesAhead; 7 Aug 2010, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

ReOpen 4.6.0.0

ReOpen 4.6.0.0 Added more glass. Looks cooler. Works the same.

Screenshot:

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Selector 2.6.2.0

On Windows 7 only you can toggle Transparency in Tray Menu. Here's a screen shot:

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

FolderCache v. 5.5.1.0

FolderCache update to 5.5.1.0

Added a Side By Side Button. Selected folders are opened, then the Windows Tile API is called to line them up on the desktop.

Special case, if only 1 folder is selected, 2 views will be tiled vertically on the desktop for side by side drag & drop. The windows will be sized and positioned by FolderCache. No other windows will be moved.

For all other cases, Windows will tile all open windows on the desktop. Of course the other functions work as before. I did initially position and size the windows myself in code but the Windows API is so much faster that it has to be used for more than a couple of windows.

See the help and readme files for details

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

FolderCache 5.7.0.0

FolderCache 5.7.0.0 With the exception of 2 views of one folder, FolderCache SideBySide function minimizes all windows before launching and tiling folders. A minor inconvenience as the "unminimize" function does not seem to work to restore minimized windows. But it's preferable to all your application windows being resized.

I found out that the TileWindows API, at least on W7, won't tile minimized windows. So that's a relief.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

FolderCache 5.8.0.0

FolderCache 5.8.0.0 Now FolderCache Side By Side function only resorts to Tile Window API when opening more than 8 folders.

Edit: here's a screen shot showing 8 folders opened Side By Side with FolderCache. Notice the Gap by the TaskBar to avoid covering RocketDock:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Desktop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	916571
                    Last edited by MilesAhead; 5 Jun 2011, 10:51 AM. Reason: screen shot

Comment

• horace87st
                      • Jul 2011

I appreciate it.:thumbs_up

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

thank you

Originally Posted by horace87st
                        I appreciate it.:thumbs_up
                        Thanks for the positive comment.

Comment

• chungpe84s
                          • Aug 2011

ReOpen should be superior

Comment

• MilesAhead
                            Eclectician
                            • Nov 2006

FolderCache 6.0.1.0

FolderCache 6.0.1.0 Added option to Middle Mouse Click on Desktop to bring up the PopUp Window. Note that it's a good idea to left click on the desktop to make sure it's the "active window" before middle clicking. Very convenient if you are mouse-oriented. You don't have to take your hand off the mouse to hit the main hotkey.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                              Eclectician
                              • Nov 2006

FolderCache 6.1.0.0

FolderCache 6.1.0.0

Added a Sort Button that toggles the list order Alpha/MRU.

Note this only changes the sort in the current display. The data storage is always MRU based. Just now and then it's easier to see what your looking for in an alpha sorted list.
                              Last edited by MilesAhead; 26 Sep 2011, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                                Eclectician
                                • Nov 2006

FolderCache 6.3.5.0 Now the Open Button or right click open selected staggers the folders across the screen instead of allowing Windows to position them at random. If there is only one folder it is roughly centered. Otherwise the folders are staggered from top left to bottom right.

Comment

Working...